- Yacht Details Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 42 DS
- Year 2008
- Location Newport, RI, US
- Engines 1
- Last UpdatedOct 31, 2023
- Asking Price$199,800.00
Have a question about this yacht?
BYS will offer a 10% discount on all Jeanneau parts for the first year if your offer is dated before November 7, 2023.
This JEANNEAU 42DS AS NICE AS YOU MIGHT FIND
SHOWS LIKE OR BETTER THAN HALF HER AGE
OWNER WANTS TO MOVE INTO POWER
CALL ME FOR SHOWING - GLENN WALTERS - 401 855 4355
Or email me for more details - firstname.lastname@example.org
This might be THE least used, best condition, well equipped Jeanneau 42DS we have seen for a few years. Looks more like a five year old boat. A gem on many levels.
LESS THAN 700 ENGINE HOURS
If you have ever considered a new Jeanneau but were unable to afford, this 42DS is very nice, well maintained, and shows well.
Only used for day sailing and local cruising.
Full AIR CON/HEAT, electric winches, inverter, Full Raymarine electronics and autopilot, excellent bimini/dodger, full winter cover, dark blue awlgrip, varnished teak cockpit table. Two full heads with two private staterooms with a full width aft master suite inclusive of a walk around centerline queen.
VERY Nice davits added. The best that money can buy.
dinghy and engine possible inclusions.
BYS will offer a 10% discount on all Jeanneau parts for the first year if your offer is dated before Nov. 7, 2023.
High output alternator, new charger/invertor, extra and new batteries (six hour, two starter and one thruster) , dual solar panels, LED spreader lights, upgraded Stereo, all sails less than three years old,
- Make YANMAR
- Fuel diesel
- Hours 445
- Type Inboard
- Drive Type Direct
- Length Overall: 42.42 ft
- Cruising Speed: 6.08 kn
- Cruising Speed: 6.95 kn
- Beam: 13.5 ft
- Hull Material: Fiberglass
- Fuel Tank: 1 x 34.34|gallon
- Fresh Water: 1 x 93.78|gallon
- Holding: 1 x 93.78|gallon
- Cabins: 2
This Jeanneau 42DS has two private staterooms and two full heads.
The forward stateroom is a V berth with private shower/head, while the aft master stateroom is a centerline queen berth, seating on each side with significant storage space and hanging lockers.
ALL HEADS ARE ELECTRIC AND PLUMBED FOR FRESH WATER.
To starboard at the base of the companionway is a L shaped galley with top loading fridge/freezer, double stainless sinks, microwave, cupboards and storage below. Well laid out and safe underway. Stove and Oven; rarely used.
Opposite the galley is a dedicated navigation station inclusive of:
DC and AC electric panel.
ICOM M504 VHF
FREEDOM Inverter controls,
Radio/CD with Sirius weather
TWO Air Conditioning/Heat Controls for main salon and master stateroom
The large dinnette is forward of galley with seating for eight and a drop down table to convert into a berth if required.
A Toshiba flat screen TV/DVD with mast mounted antenna is on the forward bulk head and there is another one in the master stateroom.
Four house batteries and one start battery.
ON DECK -
Beautiful deluxe varnished teak cockpit table.
Electric Primary winches.
Electric Coach roof winch.
RAM VHF mike
VHF hailing horn
In mast furling.
Two shore power cords
Four covered fenders
Delta and Fortress anchor with chain and rode; (stainless steel anchor is also available to purchase)
High output alternator,
extra and new batteries (six hour, two starter and one thruster) ,
dual solar panels,
LED spreader lights,
all sails less than three years old,
The Jeanneau 42 Deck Saloon concept offers interior volume and light while maintaining a stylish exterior. This is the work of our Italian designer Garroni, who created the Sun Odyssey 54 DS. Almost 200 Sun Odyssey 5 4DS have been built in 3 years, a world record for a 54-footer. The Sun Odyssey 42 DS combines the luxury of a deck saloon with performance under sail thanks to the architect Marc Lombard who also designed the Sun Odyssey 35.
- Bow pulpit: open, stainless steel with teak step, navigation lights and integrated wiring for lights
- Stern pulpits: stainless steel with buoy bracket
- Windlass: Quick 1000W combination rope 18mm and chain 10mm, vertical-mounted in the anchor locker, hand-held remote, manual handle
- Anchor roller: double stainless steel fitting with swivelling self-launching roller for hands-free launching and retrieving for tackle
- Lifelines: double level of stainless steel lifelines with PVC coating and stainless steel stanchions
- Toerail: teak profile with integrated chrome chocks and drainage for side deck
- Cleats: 4 x aluminium mooring cleats
- Handrails: sculpted, long stainless steel handrails on coachroof for secure movement forward
- Deck: Prisma Process® injected deck, ISO gelcoat surface, discontinuous balsa block coring
- Hull: solid, hand-laid fibreglass, ISO glecoat surface, protective barrier coat
- Structure: 3rd generation inner fibreglass grid, high-load zones cut out and relaminated, drainage system through structure, special emergency repair zone in keel area
- Yanmar 4JH4E 54 HP, 39.6Kw latest generation of environmentally friendly engines
- Fully soundproofed engine compartment with engine access behind stairwell and from aft cabin
- Stainless steel propeller shaft with a fixed 3-blade bronze propeller
- Fuel/water separator
- Built-in muffler, forced air ventilation and stainless steel exhaust fitting aft
- Galley with double sinks with covers and reversible cutting board, chrome plumbing fittings, storage cabinets and drawers
- L-galley to port with glass separator between galley counter and seating area
- Gimballed 2-burner stove with oven with stainless steel protection bar
- Single fridge box with freezer area, wire baskets, interior lighting comes on when door opened, 12v refrigeration and integrated compressor
- 12v alternator output: 80 A
- Charge distributor/isolator
- Engine start battery capacity: 110 Ah
- Domestic battery bank capacity: 220 Ah
- Positive battery switch for engine bank, positive battery switch for domestic bank and negative general cut-off switch
- 220v shore power inlet with differential breaker
- Electrical panel with 12v breakers, 12v voltmeter
- Electrical panel with 12v breakers, 12v ammeter, 12v consumption meter, 12v charging meter
- One 110 VAC and 12v plug per cabin, 110VAC plugs in galley, saloon and nav station
- Forward owners cabin with central berth
- Double berth, high-density foam mattress Storage under berth
- Deep cabinet with shelves and hanging rod
- Wood hull liner
- Private forward owner?s head compartment with sink, clothes hook, mirror, towel holder, toilet paper holder, wastebasket, cabinet above sink, shower sump with grate and electric drainage pump
- Aft owner's cabin with reading lights at head of berth
- Central double berth with teak trim and padded headboard, high-density foam mattress
- Deep cabinet with shelves and hanging rod
- Seating to either side of the berth with fabric cushions that match saloon fabrics
- Wooden hull liner
- Large head compartment accessible from saloon with sink, separate shower, clothes hook, mirror, towel holder, toilet paper holder, wastebasket, cabinet above sink and shower sump with grate and electric drainage pump
- Teak inlay on seating area, transom and transom steps
- Cockpit lockers: 2 lockers under bench seats and lazerette locker to port under the helm seats for technical access to steering system
- Cockpit table: folding injected fibreglass table with storage, cup holders, bottle holders, stainless steel handrail, courtesy lighting, 12v plug
- Gas locker room for 2 gas bottles with connection to gas system and cut-off valve under stove in the galley
- Wheels: 2 leather-covered steering wheels and compasses at each helm station
- Instrumentation: dedicated space for instruments within easy reach of helm positions, room for GPS chartplotter mounted at aft end of cockpit table with easy viewing from each helm
- Engine controls: throttle and engine control panel mounted at starboard helm, engine panel includes fuel gauge, RPM gauge, warning lights, ignition
- Swim ladder: stainless steel folding ladder mounted on swim platform
- Cockpit shower: retractable hot and cold water shower with tap
- Anchor locker: forward, lockable, room for anchor and tackle, integrated windlass area, holder for windlass handle