46’ X-Yachts 4.6 2019 | Revolution
Annapolis, MD, US
REVOLUTION is a spectacular example of an X4-6 that has been thoughtfully and comprehensively upgraded with all the required equipment and sails for both luxurious fast cruising and offshore racing. Set up for the 2022 Annapolis Bermuda race, REVOLUTION was unable to start due to a change in plans. Are you ready to blast off to Bermuda or is a luxurious coastal cruiser more your style? The Pure X line from X-Yachts does both with ease and many say the X4-6 is the one to have. Winner of 2020 Boat of the Year – Best Full Size Cruiser by Cruising World Magazine, REVOLUTION also took line honors at the 2021 St. Mary’s Governor’s Cup race. She is in stunning condition and available now. What are you waiting for? Highly Recommended.
Modern Hull Design and Construction
The hull design of the X4⁶ follows the latest design philosophy which maximises sailing performance. Designed to excel in all wind conditions due to a generous sail plan coupled to a high quality mast and rig, including discontinuous rod rigging as standard.
X4⁶ hulls are built with X-Yachts’ advanced technology, including vacuum epoxy infusion, and incorporating X-Yachts’ famous steel keel grillage to securely hold the composite lead/iron keel in place for outstanding safety in all conditions.
Each of the upgraded Carbonautica black composite wheels is connected to its own quadrant with a completely independent wire system. This built in redundancy is an excellent safety feature and virtually removes the need for an emergency tiller. The high aspect ratio rudder is perfectly balanced to make the X4⁶ agile and responsive.
Teak can be found throughout the cockpit, on the seats, the sole, the removable cockpit table as well as on the electrical operated bathing platform.
Recessed track for selftacking jib
Jib tracks and winches added for overlapping jib and racing sails
Designed for sailing in comfort and at ease, with a deck recessed track for a selftacking jib. The sheet for the 97% jib is lead back to a halyard winch.
longitudinal Genoa tracks on top of the coachroof allow the use of a 106% overlapping genoa, maximising the X4⁶’s light wind performance.
The starboard-side cockpit bench houses a dedicated locker which can accommodate a 6 or 8 person liferaft.
In addition to the spacious sail locker in the bow, two cockpit floor hatches aft of the wheels give access to the huge lazarettes (where a generator could be installed if desired).
The influence of clean Scandinavian design and Nordic oak can be seen throughout the interior of the X4⁶ being both traditional but with a modern appearance. The Danish quality craftsmanship is of a very high standard with finely crafted details, and showcases carpentry at its very best.
Natural Light and Fresh Air
The toughened glass coachroof windows flood the interior with natural light. In addition to the large flush skylights, sections of the side windows are also open-able to provide excellent ventilation. Each aft cabin has an open-able portlight in the cockpit and additionally an outboard facing opening in the coaming windows. Combined with the flush skylight, the aft cabins have optimal ventilation, a great benefit in warmer climates.
Flexible Aft Cabins
The X4⁶ has an ultra-modern common-rail Yanmar diesel engine delivering 57 hp. The engine compartment is sound insulated to ‘Super Yacht’ specification, using a heavy 8mm solid rubber layer, 50mm of sound deadening rockwool and finally covered with a perforated aluminium plating. All openings are sealed to eliminate noise.
The engine has a 3 blade folding propeller to minimize drag and maximize sailing performance. A diesel fuel cooler has been added for longer passages.
4 Raymarine i70’s n garage over the companionway
- Raymarine Autopilot EV-400
- Raymarine 90VHF at chart table
- Wireless Handheld VHF
- Raymarine 91 AIS
- Ritchie Compass
- Raymarine Axiom Pro 9″ in SB pedestal
- Raymarine Axiom Pro 9″ in PS pedestal
- Raymarine Plotter i70 at Nav Station
- Engine monitoring at Chartplotters via network backbone
- NMEA WiFi and USB gateways
- Iridium Go Marine communication system with external fixed satellite antenna.
Hull and Deck
- Hull Color – ‘Black Grey’ (RAL 7021) & 3 x ‘Pure White’ integrated GELCOAT Water Lines (RAL 9010)
- Bathing platform – The platform is operated electrically, integrated attachment for “hang on” bathing ladder with teak steps. Teak deck is vacuum glued to the platform.
- Hull Treatment – 3 x layers of sprayed epoxy primer & 2 x layers of VC Offshore Black
- Gunwale Protection – Stainless Steel rail protection mounted along sheer line
- Flush Deck Hatches – 9 pcs: GRP hatch above anchor locker and sail compartment plus 8 frameless hatches – see deck layout for details
- Port lights – 7 x openable coach roof port lights: 2 x openable coach roof port lights per side on outside coach roof for added ventilation in main cabin and in aft head, 1 for each aft cabin facing cockpit and 1 for each integrated in outside coaming stripe of glass, for added ventilation and light
- Composite Steering Wheels – 2 x Carbonautica black composite wheels
- Large mount – 2 x Console with stainless steel grab rail for chart plotter
- Sprayhood Light Grey – canvas with sturdy stainless steel framework
- Full Width Bimini for helmsman Light Grey
- Nomen Folding Mooring Cleats Amidships
- Boarding Gates in Guardrails – for standard lifelines on both sides
- Carbon Fiber Bow Sprit – Clear Coated Carbon fiber bow sprit for Asymmetric spinnaker
- Outboard Engine Bracket – Teak, mounted on aft pushpit
- 2.30m ‘T’ keel consists of antimony hardened lead T-bulb bolted and glued to cast iron fin for high strength, low centre of gravity for comfortable sailing performance. The Keel is totally encapsulated in three layers of CSM E-glass with epoxy for protection, perfecting the shape. The keel is securely bolted to the structural steel keel floor grid.
- Retractable Bow Thruster – Max Power Compact retractable CR70/12V bow thruster including dedicated battery bank with controls.
- Electric Anchor Windlass
- Anchor – 20 kg Delta Stainless Steel anchor with 25 m x 10 mm galvanized chain and additional 125ft rope rode.
- Second Windlass Remote & chain Counter – with Quick chain counter, mounted in cockpit near starboard wheel
Mast and Rigging
- Fractional Triple spreader rig
- Tapered silver anodised mast
- Stainless Steel headstay chainplate
- Stainless Steel bulwark recessed chainplates for shrouds
- Permanent backstay with integral hydraulic adjuster
- LED Steaming Light combined with LED deck flood light
- LED Tricolour & Anchor Light fitted at mast head
- In Boom Furling – ‘Furler Boom’ infusion moulded monocoque glasfibre with carbon mandrel included.
- Block for main halyard, spring loaded vang, boom lift/pasarella halyard, painted in grey to suit colour of standard anodised mast.
- Mast Track for In Boom furling
- Furling headstay – Furlex 304 TD with an under deck drum. Furling line led back to cockpit for easy handling
- Rod rigging – discontinuous with tip cups incl. racing Rod turnbuckels for V1’s and D1’s
- RUNNING RIGGING
- Halyards in Dyneema SK78 –
- 2 x Halyard bags – Positioned by companionway entrance
- Double berth – with hinged gas strut supported top access and drawers underneath. Shelves next to berth and accessory shelf on headboard.
- Upgraded spring mattress
- Owner’s cabin upper cupboards – Upper cupboards with bottom hinged doors fitted on freeboads above the berth
- Ensuite with separate shower
- Long sofa – Long sofa situated in starboard side with longitudinal backrest
- U-Sofa – Large U-sofa for 6 people in portside with longitudinal backrest
- Main cabin dining table – table supported by two solid stainless steel legs
- Main cabin dining table with integrated bottle box – table supported by two shorter solid stainless steel legs with bottle box for wine/spirits
- Main cabin upper cupboards – Upper cupboards with bottom hinged doors fitted on freeboards
- Backrest cushions – backrest cushions along the main bulkhead and galley front of the U-sofa
- Double Pouf – with storage, gas spring supported seat fixed to floorboards in two positions
- Coolbox – 90 litre toploaded Insulated & upgraded with the Danfoss air cooled option
- ENO 3 Burner Oven – ENO, gimballed 3 burner hob & oven
- White Corian – White Corian worktops in galley
- Fridge Front Opening – Frigoboat MS 80 litre with ice cube compartment, front opened , positioned in the galley
- Microwave – wired for US 120V
- Gas Detector Alarm
- Electric Gas Switch – with solenoid valve fitted to the standard gas installation
- Aft head shower installation – Pull out shower head, table top mount, with mixer faucet
- Tecma Electric Toilets Fresh Water Flush in both heads
- Sea Berths – Freeboard-hung sea berths in starboard cabin.
- Custom Leeboards
Cushions and Blinds
- Blinds for owners – Ocean Air Skyscreen Blinds including flyscreen and blackout blinds for small skylights; Forward facing coachroof portlight and hull portlights fitted with blackout blinds;
- Blinds for aft cabins – Ocean Air Skyscreen Blinds including flyscreen and blackout blinds for small skylights in aft cabins; Hull portlights, portlight in cockpit coaming and portlight facing cockpit in aft cabins are fitted with push button blinds;
- Pleated curtains main cabin – Hull portlights: Ocean Air Skysol pleated blinds hidden behind soft panellingCoachroof double skylights: Ocean Air Skyscreen blinds including flyscreen Coachroof portlights: Ocean Air Skysol pleated blinds
Plumbing and Air Conditioning
- Pressurised hot & cold water system – with fresh water tank, 350 litres located in port side sofa in main cabin, 24 litre hotwater tank located in engine compartment.
- Deck Shower located in aft cockpit
- Holding Tanks – 55 litre, Polyethylene holding tank per toilet (2 in total) . Emptying by sea cock or deck suction
- Seawater Combined Deck rinse and seawater tap – with electric pump fitted in anchor locker, and in galley.
- Marine Air Air Conditioning 2 units (Main Cabin/Owners) with LCD screen control
- Additional bilge pump
- Shore Power Installation – 50A Battery charger & 2 x 12V upgraded Firefly Batteries (Carbon Foam)Batteries. Separate engine start battery
- LED Interior Lighting – LED lighting throughout the yacht
- Socket package, 110V AC (6) & 12V USB (4) & 12V outside socket: 110V – mounted in galley (1), one in each cabin (3) and one in each head (2) & USB Double socket – mounted in each cabin (3) and at nav station (1) & 12V outside – in cockpit near helm station
- Combi Battery Charger & Inverter (110V) – 12V/2000W/50A including remote multi control panel and galvanic isolator replacing standard 50A charger
- LED Cockpit Light – Red, mounted over floor in cockpit
- Upgraded Blue Seas battery monitoring system with lcd display and wireless interface
- Boom cover for Furling Boom – Light Grey.
- Fire Extinguishers – 4 x 2 kg Powder fire extinguishers fitted throughout the yacht and with fire port into engine room
- Harken Winch Handles – 4 x locking winch handles and a spare
- Fenders – 4 x White air-filled fender with lanyards and X-Yachts logo
- Mooring Lines
- Shore Power Cable – 1 x 20 m shore power cable with upgraded deck connection
- Fire Blanket – fitted in galley
- Combined Pedestal and Wheel Covers Large – 2 x Light Grey canvas covers for large size pedestals.
- Air Pump – Electric Osculati air pump (250 mbar/3.6 PSI), for inflating or deflating RIB
- Dyneema custom jacklines by Landfall Navigation
- ParaTech Delta Drouge
- Full-width Main sheet traveller track – recessed into cockpit floor, for fine tuning of mainsail sheeting point
- Self Tacking track recessed – into the coach roof, curved 42 mm track and Toulon ball bearing traveller, single sheet led aft via the mast to cockpit winch (one side).
- Jib tracks for overlapping jib
- Mainsheet Winches – 2 x Harken Performa 46.2 STP two-speed self-tailing mainsheet winches aft of the coaming handling mainsheet each side
- Halyard Winches – 2 x Harken Performa 46.2 STP two-speed self-tailing halyard winches on coachroof each side of sliding hatch
- Electric Winch – Halyard 1 x Harken Performa 46.2 STP Electric two-speed self-tailing winch – PORT
- Harken Performa Primary Winches on Coaming for overlapping jib
- Harken jib car tracks – adjustable from cockpit
- Sail Handling Pack 1:1. Asymmetric spinnaker equipment including; 2 x Dyneema / Spectra sheets, 2 x gennaker sheet blocks, 2 x cleats for “parking” the sheets and 2 x Wichard shackles mounted incl. 1:1 asymmetric tack line and tack block2. Outboard sheeting pad eyes mounted for self-tacker
- Additional Spinnaker halyard, jib halyard, tack line, spinnaker sheets
- 2nd tack line and spin halyard
- Removable Bobstay on Carbon Sprit
- Additional deck hardware for advanced sail handling/ racing
- Cruising Jib
- Cruising Asymmetrical Spinnaker with sock
- Self Tacking Jib
Racing Sails ( lightly used / unused)
- J 1.5
- Code Zero with furler
- Jib Top
- Storm Jib
- Storm Trysail