45’ X-Yachts Xc 45 2019
Mystic, CT, US
The Xc 45 was the first model in the Xcruising range to be launched, and was named European Yacht of the Year, praised for her combination of cruising comfort, performance under sail and responsive handling. As with all the Xc models which followed, the Xc 45 incorporates the X-Yachts steel hull/keel girder for strength and resistance to grounding, with deck and sail layouts designed for ease of handling when sailing two-up. The “Next Generation” of the Xc 45 features larger bathing platforms, enlarged hull portlights, improved storage and functionality in the interior, and updated styling options.
- From this 2019 edition of the Xc 45 and onwards, the Xc models are built using epoxy infusion in the hull. X-Yachts hulls are post-cured or “oven-baked” to improve structural properties of the composite. Epoxy resin has higher mechanical and thermal stability than traditional polyester resins.
- Solid laminate in high stress areas around keel, rudder and through hull fittings
- Outer surface layer of hull in white sprayed NGA Gelcoat (RAL 9010 white) with 3 waterlines
- Hull moulded in female moulds for highest quality surface finish
- Structural bulkhead in marine plywood varying in thickness from 16-30 mm
- Steel frame – hot-galvanized, high strength, laminated into hull to absorb all loads from keel, mast and rigging
- Single point hoist for easy and safe lifting and launching of yacht
- Bathing platform incorporated in transom port with mechanical hoisting and lowering system
- Bathing ladder in stainless steel mounted onto bathing platform
- X-Yachts style hull recessed portlights (6 pcs)
- Built in sandwich construction with vinylester and polyester resin and structural compressed foam
- Bi-directional E-glass strategically positioned for strength and weight optimization
- Outer surface layer of deck in white sprayed NGA Gelcoat (RAL 9010 white)
- Deck and locker lids moulded in female moulds for highest quality surface finish
- Teak, vaccum applied, 9 mm nominal thickness on side deck, coach roof, cockpit sole, seats and bathing platform
- Bulwark with teak capping incorporated in deck/hull design
- Anchor locker – drained with space for 50 m anchor chain
- Gas locker for 2 x 3 kg gas bottle located in starboard side of aft deck
- Space for a 6 man life raft (530x325x800 mm) in stb side transom locker
- Gas springs fitted to all cockpit lockers (4 pcs)
- Halyard locker recessed into cockpit
- Cockpit table with space for navigational instruments (see extras) and compass
- First class craftsmanship characterize the wooden interior with a minimum number of visible screws
- Pre-selected, top grade teak veneer used throughout the yacht in varnished and hand polished satin finish
- Bulkheads in various thicknesses bonded to hull
- Bulkheads with white laminate surfaces with recessed teak panel looks
- GRP deck innerliner with integrated light fittings
- GRP hull liners for and aft including head floors and shower trays
- Floorboards of 20 mm marine plywood with imitated teak and Gaboon inlay stripes and inspection hatches to access bilge
- Freeboard in cabins of lined vinyl covered 4 mm plywood
- Soft white headlining panels in main cabin and owners
- Companionway steps are curved unvarnished teak and part of forward engine compartment openable door
- Handrails by entrance and alongside coach roof portlights in main cabin
- Blinds and flyscreen throughout on Oceanair skylights
- Large double centre berth (200 x 150 cm) with curved laminated battens for improved ventilation and comfort
- Settee to starboard (95 x 35 cm)
- Double wardrobe (100 x 72 cm) to starboard with shelves and hangers
- Drawers below wardrobe on starboard (3 pcs)
- Freeboard cupboards and shelves above berth
- Extra shelving behind mast box (200 x 20 x 35 cm)
- Storage space under owners berth for bedding
- Floorboards with inspection hatch for good access to speed and depth transducers
- Bulkheads with white laminate surfaces
- Marine toilet, manually flushed (1 pcs)
- Dedicated shower compartment with Plexi glass doors
- Space for optional washing machine (see extras)
- Tabletop and wash basin in white GRP
- Single lever luxury mixer taps for wash basin and shower
- Electrical pump for shower floor sump (1 pcs), automatic
- Towel hooks and paper holder in stainless steel (2 pcs)
- Mirror integrated in cupboard doors (2 pcs)
- Galley, U-shaped (163 cm x 151 cm). Large table top made in Camoan white Corian Sink, rectangular recessed stainless steel with single lever mixing tap (2 pcs) with 2 cuttingboards made of Delrin material
- Cool box, GRP top opened 140 litres with 100 mm insulation, built in Isotherm SP accumulator plate cooled by water cooled Danfoss compressor
- Gas stove, ENO with 3 jets and oven is gimballed (1 pcs)
- Shelves, drawers and lockers with plexi glass sliding doors provide storage space for cutlery and food
- Waste bin mounted under sinks
- Main engine 80 HP diesel with Sail-drive freshwater cooled. Alternator charging capacity 60 A @ 12V and 80 A @ 24V
- Special engine room sound insulation ensures low noise level
- Engine is easily accessible for service from front through the companionway and from side through aft cabin
- Folding propeller, 3-bladed bronze for S-drive
- Engine control panel and throttle/gear lever placed in stb cockpit coaming.
- Engine control panel incorporates rpm
meter, hour counter, acoustic alarm for oil pressure and cooling water temperature.
- Tanks in aluminium for fuel (440 l) below saloon seats. VDO analogue level gauge, baffles, inspection hatches, separator incl. filter and shut-of valve and deck fill
- Alarm and warning light activated in cockpit when consumption tank needs refilling
- 24V DC system throughout the yacht
- X-Yachts main switch board with 27 automatic fuses and 3 analogue VDO meters
- 12V DC system for main engine installation
- 24V to 12V converter for electronics installation
- Combined deck and steaming light fitted
- All cabling terminates in “dry” GRP box fitted behind main electrical panel for added safety
- AGM batteries (240 Ah @ 24V) are securely mounted under main cabin sofa (4 pcs). (Max capacity is 360Ah/24V)
- Separate engine spiral-cell battery (55 Ah, 12V) mounted near main engine, services only main engine
- Shore power installation with 10 Amp shore power inlet socket mounted in cockpit. The 230V AC distribution box with ground fault circuit breaker and 230V AC socket mounted at nav station
- Combined charger inverter 24V/1600 W/40A including remote control unit, mounted incl. 4 x 220V sockets mounted one in galley, chart table, owners cabin and owners toilet.
- 24V halogen lights fitted for general purpose below deck throughout the cabins
- Charttable light fitted
- General lights and dome spotlights integrated in inner liner
- Reading lights placed throughout aft cabin, main cabin and owners cabin (8 pcs)
Mast and Rigging
- Fractional triple spreader, tapered silver anodized aluminium mast stepped on steel frame, specially designed for Xc 45
- Combined deck and steaming light, Windex with light, tube for additional electrical equipment and 2 mast steps fitted
- Silver anodized boom with double line reefing and internal boom outhaul with control on boom, telescopic vang and outer purchase block system
- Split backstay fitted with single Navtec 10 integral backstay adjuster on starboard side and turnbuckle on port
- Tip cups in stainless steel fitted to stainless steel tie rods (2 pcs)
- Discontinuous rod rigging throughout with rod turnbuckles
- Chain plates in stainless steel for forestay and split backstay (3 pcs)
- Spectra halyards led back to cockpit for easy handling:
- Main halyard 12 mm (1 pcs)
- Genoa halyard 12 mm (1 pcs)
- Mast head spinnaker halyard 12 mm (1 pcs)
- Spectra and polyester control and reefing lines led back to cockpit self-tailing winches (6 pcs)
- Mainsheet 10 mm (1 pcs)
- Genoa sheet 12 mm (2 pcs)
- Reef 1 10 mm (2 pcs)
- Reef 2 10 mm (2 pcs)
- Furling control line 10 mm (1 pcs)
- Outhaul line 8 mm (1 pcs) on boom
- Vang control line 8 mm (1 pcs)
- Flag pole, teak with bronze bushing (1 pcs)
- Fire extinguishers, dry powder of 2 kg each, fitted throughout the yacht (3 pcs)
- Fenders, white air-filled with lanyards and X-Yachts logo (4 pcs)
- Mooring ropes, polyester 20 m x 14 mm (2 pcs)
Optional Items During Construction
Hull Color White RAL 9010.
Waterlines Color Light Grey RAL 7035.
Bottom Treatment with 3 Epoxy Barrier Coat and 2 Coats of Antifouling.
Stainless Steel Gunwale Protection.
Transom Door/Bathing Platform: Wireless remote controlled.
Grabrail in stainless steel at end of cockpit table.
Cockpit cushions in light grey.
Fixed cockpit table.
Teak cockpit seats and cockpit floor.
Teak side decks.
Teak on coach roof top.
Sail Handling Pack 1 consisting of Asymmetrical equipment, including 2 spectra sheets, 2 Ronstan spinnaker blocks, 2 Ronstan cleats, and 2 Winchard sheet shackles.
Andersen Genoa Winch, 46STE-FS
Andersen electric port side halyard winch.
Genoa car control lines.
2:1 German mainsheet system.
Guard Rails/Anchor Equipment/ Stainless Steel Fittings:
Boarding gates included with life lines.
Electric Anchor Windlass with 165 feet of 10mm calibrated galvanized anchor chain.
GRP bow sprit with attachment point for asymmetric spinnaker.
Transom dinghy outboard bracket.
Crash bar mounted over helm.
Mast and Rigging:
V-Shape Furler Boom by Furler Boom Denmark.
Mounting track for furler.
Gas vang upgrade.
Aqua Signal tri-color mast head light.
LED steaming light.
Pro Furl furling headstay.
Harken adjustable backstay.
Standard halyards in dyneema.
Combined main boom and Passarel topping lift.
Rudder and Steering:
GRP instrument pod over sliding hatch.
Steering wheels upgrading to white composite wheels with laminated teak.
Walnut colored floorboards.
Red led courtesy lights x 4 in salon & owners cabin mounted at floor level.
LED ambient lighting below cupboards and in main cabin.
White Corian counter tops.
Outboard top opening cool box.
Secondary front opening fridge under counter top.
Eno gas stove.
Gas alarm detector.
Electronic gas value control in galley.
Head and Shower Compartment:
Electric toilet x 2
Teak on floor in both heads.
Cushions and Blinds:
Ocean Air sky blinds with pleated blinds.
24V D.C. System throughout the boat.
Socket Package 110V AC (6) & 12V USB (4) & 12V outside socket.
Cockpit floor lights, white led, four.
Ray Marine Electronics:
Axiom Pro Chart plotter/ Radar mounted in Cockpit
Ray marine EV-400 Autopilot with P70 Display
2 -Axiom i70 Displays above Companionway
Ray marine AIS 700
Quantum2 Q24D Radar with Doppler & Wi Fi
Ray 90 VHF Radio at Nav Station
Ray 90 VHF in Cockpit
Shakespeare VHF Antenna for VHF & FM
Fusion MS-AV755 Entertainment
Generator and Bow Thruster:
Panada Fisher generator 6kw
Max Power Thruster Compact Retractable
North Sails furling main NPL, furler boom, 5 battens, 2 reefs
North Sails furling jib NPL 108%, painted UV leech protection, vertical battens
Additional Items Included
North Sails Inventory:
North NPL Main Sail Fully Battened w/Sail Bag
North NPL 108% Furling Jib w/Sun Cover and Sail Bag
North Code 65 Downwind Sail w/Sail Bag
1. Highfield Hard Bottom Tender
2. Suzuki Four Stroke Outboard with Lifting Crane
3. Hydravane Steering
4. Ray Marine 12” Axion Multifunction Display fixed mounted at nav station.
5. Boom Brake By Walder
6. Sea Gull Water Purification Connected to Galley Faucet
7. Viking 6 Man Life Raft
8. Water Maker