36' J Boats J/112E 2016 | 4690MB
Mamaroneck, NY, USA
Excellent opportunity to own a turnkey, race-prepped J/112e!
Options and Inventory
Carbon fiber Hall Spars mast, serviced in 2021
Hydraulic backstay option (at binnacle)
Refrigeration (12 volt)
Water heater (engine/110 volt)
B&G Triton instrument package with Zeus2 9" plotter at helm and 2020's at mast
Electric halyard winch
Teak decking in cockpit including seats
carbon fiber wheel
Engine replaced in 2018-Volvo Penta recall-approximately 160 hours on engine
Bottom redone July 2022 by McMichael (VC Offshore, wetsanded)
Serviced since new by McMichael
Sails and Additional Canvas
2022 North 3di Main
2022 North 3di #1
2022 North 3di #3
2019 Doyle Code Zero and furler
2016 Doyle Reacher
2016 Doyle Runner
2 sets sheets
2022 Sail Cover
2016 Wheel Cover
2016 Dodger & Side Curtains (barely used)
Race results highlights
Gearbuster-1st place – PHRF Plus 1
Vineyard Race – 2nd Place – Class 9 PHRF
EDLU Distance Race – 4th place-PHRF 1 Spin
Gearbuster-4th Place – PHRF Spinnaker 21-50
Riverside Stratford Shoal Race-2nd Place
Vineyard Race-3rd Place-Class 11 PHRF
Gearbuster Race-1st Place-PHRF +1
Hull and Deck Construction
- End grained balsa composite construction using biaxial and unidirectional glass with vinylester resin on the outer hull layer for 10 year protection against hull blisters.
- “SCRIMP” resin infusion system molding process for optimum laminate strength with 65-70% glass content in structural skins.
- GRP infusion molded bulkhead bonded to hull and deck.
- All intermediate bulkheads glassed to hull and deck for stiffness.
- Heavy-duty fiberglass floor stringer grid infused, including mast structure.
- Low VCG keel with encapsulated cast iron fin with lead bulb (6.9’ draft), bolted and bonded to hull with seamed joint to allow for easy removal.
- Off-white deck with a high traction non-skid.
- White hull with gel coat integrated boot stripe.
- Integral, bulwark-style toe-rail around perimeter of deck.
- Large capacity self-draining foredeck chain locker, with space for optional electric anchor windlass.
- Large cockpit storage locker on port side.
- Storage locker for life raft on starboard side.
- Propane locker located in the cockpit.
- Removable swimming ladder with SS mountings on aft end of cockpit floor.
- Balanced spade rudder constructed with biaxial and unidirectional glass and large diameter S/S stock mounted in self-aligning bearings.
Manufacturer Provided Description
The J/112E joins her sisterships, the J/97E and J/122E, as an exceptional upwind performer. V-shaped bow sections provide superior directional stability and reduced slamming in waves. Freeboard forward and topside flare help to keep the deck dry. A long waterline combined with a low vertical center of gravity results in a smooth, sea-kindly motion - more like that of a 40 footer.
J/112E is a moderate displacement design with a high aspect, non-overlapping sailplan. This efficient set-up provides ample sail power in light winds (while most others are motoring), and easy to down-shift options when the wind builds. J’s are known for being able to sail well under mainsail alone, jib alone, and nearly any combination of mainsail and small jib. The J/112E is no exception. All one needs is a mainsail and 105% jib to enjoy easy, high performance sailing in winds from 5 to 25 knots. For downwind fun with minimal effort and crew, one can deploy the asymmetric spinnaker from the retractable carbon sprit.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
|Drive Type||Sail Drive|
Speed & Distance
|Length at Waterline||31.75ft|
|Fresh Water Tank||1 x 53 gal ()|
|Fuel Tank||1 x 18.5 gal ()|