|Location||Portsmouth, Rhode Island, United States|
Model: Express 38 Yawl
Has Hull ID: Yes
Boat Hull ID: TSPA3008H899
Designer: Carl Schumaker
Keel Type: Other
Bridge Clearance: 50' 0''
Range: 989' 0''
LOA: 38' 0''
LWL: 31' 0''
Beam: 19' 0''
Maximum Draft: 15' 0''
Dry Weight: 12400.0 lbs
Ballast: 4200.0 lbs
Displacement: 12400.0 lbs
Drive Type: Direct
Engine Power: 27hp
Water Tanks: 1
Water Tank Capacity: 40 gal
Fuel Tanks: 1
Fuel Tank Capacity: 30 gal
Holding Tank Count: 1
Holding Tank Capacity: 20 gal
Number of single berths: 6
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Drive Type: Direct
Accommodations with berths for 5-6. A large V-berth forward, two generous settee berths port and starboard plus a (double) quarter berth on the port side. Spacious V area sleeps two has a bureau and hanging locker.
Head is on the port side between V area and saloon. It is generous w/storage in cupboards, drawers and lockers.
Saloon is light and airy, 6 opening screened ports and a large overhead hatch. Port and starboard settee with back storage, large fold down, bi-fold table from the port side bulkhead. Behind the fold down table is a complete wine rack for bottles glasses.
Port side has the outboard facing navigation station opposite the starboard side L-shaped galley.
- SS sink, with Hot/cold pressure water
- Large top loading ice box
- Force Ten 2 burner propane stove w/oven
- Storage in cupboards, lockers, drawers
- Plastimo bulkhead mounted compass
- Nexus autopilot - new autopilot hydraulics and motor 2014 (Southern Spars)
- Nexus Wind, apparent wind anemometer
- New speed and wind transducers 2013 (Nexus)
- Nexus steering
- Nexus multi-function, depth, speed, log, temp
- VHF Radio
- Dual battery system
- Battery charger
- Shore power 110 volt connector plus cord
- Complete 12 volt/110volt circuit panel w/breakers
- Navigation lights
- Power electric winch cabin top
- Cabin lights
Hull And Deck
White fiberglass hull w/red single red boot stripe. Decks are two tone non-skid in light gray, excellent fresh water condition.
There are 9 opening ports w/screens and 3 generous deck hatches.
Sails And Rigging
- Sail area 729 square feet
- Main with full battens plus cover 2013
- Lazy Jack system for easy handling
- Mizzen plus cover 2013
- Jib: Hoyt boom system for self tacking
- Mizzen staysail 2009
- 4 Lewmar ST winches, 2-44's, 2-40's, w/handles
- New running rigging 2008 (Hall Spars)
- New jib boom 2015 (Hall Spars)
- Custom dodger and sun shade
- Custom canvas cover and frame
- PHRF-NE and PHRF-NB rating: 153
- Around Aquidneck Race 2016, Twenty Hundred Club, First in Class
- New York Yacht Club Regatta, Newport, 2011, First in class, Rolex Cup
- Sail for Hope Regatta, Newport, First in class 2008, 2009, 2012, 2014
- Vineyard Cup Regatta, 2010, First, Third, First in class; 2012 2nd in class
- New England Solo Twin, Newport, 2010, First in class
- Leukemia Cup Regatta, Newport, First in Class 2009, 2013
- CYC Around-the-Island Race, First in Class 2015
- MOHOSA Worlds, first in class, 2013
- Bristol Yacht Club Wednesday night series, First in class 2008, 2010, 2014
- Sid Clarke Offshore Race, First in class 2012, 2015
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.