Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/bluenos3/public_html/custom-php/ListingDetail.php on line 53
1991 Little Harbor
|Type||Cruisers, Racers and Cruisers|
|Location||Cruising, Maine, United States|
ON DISPLAY at the NEWPORT BROKERAGE BOAT SHOW, Sept. 12 - 15, at the Newport Shipyard, Newport, RI. Throughout PALAWAN, the interior joinery is all of fine-grain teak done to the level of fit and finish for which Little Harbor Custom Yachts is renowned. The cabin and locker doors are raised floating panel, the drawers are dovetailed raised panel, the floors are solid teak and holly and the hatch screens are recessed. The hanging lockers are cedar lined, and hardware and light fixtures are gold plated. She is simply one of the most exquisitely finished, detailed and well thought out yachts that one is apt to find. PALAWAN s shoal draft of only 6 6 offers gunk-holing capabilities in a serious offshore world cruiser designed for comfortable passagemaking. With a centerboard and trim board, delta form hull, a large rudder and Max-Prop protected by a skeg and a powerful bow thruster, PALAWAN can be maneuvered easily in tight quarters and in all conditions. The yacht is fully air conditioned with seven independent zones and heated by separate Espar heating system for northern climates. Natural light and ventilation is provided by numerous hatches, portholes, windows and dorade vents.
Make: Little Harbor
Model: Custom 75
Has Hull ID: Yes
Boat Hull ID: LHB75001B191
Designer: Ted Hood
Tax Status: Paid
Builder: Little Harbor Yachts
Keel Type: Centerboard
Range: 13' 0''
LOA: 75' 0''
Length of deck: 75' 0''
LWL: 59' 0''
Beam: 27' 0''
Minimum Draft: 6' 6''
Ballast: 47000.0 lbs
Displacement: 147000.0 lbs
Model: 6 CTA
Propeller Type: 3 Blade
Engine Hours: 7512
Engine Power: 350hp
Water Tanks: 1
Water Tank Capacity: 780 gal
Fuel Tanks: 1
Fuel Tank Capacity: 965 gal
Holding Tank Count: 1
Holding Tank Capacity: 80 gal
Number of single berths: 4
Number of double berths: 2
Number of twin berths: 2
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 5
Windlass Type: Electric
Accommodations And Layout (See Interior Layout In Photo Section)
PALAWAN features an unusually effective deck and interior layout providing for a comfortable, livable cockpit with centerline drop leaf table and electric controls for virtually all functions at the helm station. Further, her helm station provides exceptional visibility both fore and aft. Forward, the cockpit leads to a live-in pilothouse with a fully-equipped navigation area. The pilothouse has a spacious sitting area that comfortably accommodates seven with a settee and table on each side and a swivel helm chair. The pilothouse is handsome with large windows, opening front windshield, three rear opening ports and three deck hatches to provide excellent light, ventilation and 360 visibility. This makes the pilothouse a perfect shelter in inclement weather for breakfast, casual conversation, lunch, cocktails, or dinner. The off watch can even sleep on either side of the pilothouse while on passage.
The owner s stateroom is aft, uniquely accessible both from the pilothouse and the owner s private aft cockpit companionway. This stateroom has two large berths, a flat screen TV, two large hanging lockers, settee, and desk. There is superb storage space plus hull ports for excellent light and visibility. Moving aft on either side of the aft companionway are two en-suite heads; one with a shower and the other with a tub and shower.
PALAWAN offers sleeping accommodations for four in the owner s party in two double staterooms. Facing aft in the main salon are the doors leading to the two guest staterooms, each with twin berths, drawers and hanging lockers along with full head facilities including separate shower.
Forward of the pilothouse one goes down several steps into the main salon. To port, the lovely dining area with an L-shaped settee and centerline settee seats six comfortably and has a gimbaled drop leaf table. Opposite to starboard is a sitting area with an additional L-shaped settee, swivel chair and coffee table an ideal spot for cocktails before dinner. Hanging and floor-based cabinetry on centerline offer open visibility to either side. In the salon area there is a complete entertainment system and a flat screen TV, with an icemaker starboard side aft.
Galley and Crew Dinette
Forward of the main salon to port is the beautifully detailed and fully-equipped galley with the following features:
- Corian counters
- Double stainless steel sinks with retractable faucet
- Dickinson 3-burner propane stove and oven (new, 2014)
- Toaster oven
- Coffee maker
The crew dinette is to starboard and features entertainment center with flat screen TV, an extra freezer and additional storage space.
Forward of the galley is a private crew cabin with twin berths, numerous storage lockers, tool chest and head/shower forward. Further forward is a forepeak storage area.
Electronics And Navigation Equipment
- (2) Robertson AP 20 autopilots
- (2) Furuno TZT14 radars/chart plotters (new, 2018)
- Sitex MDA1 Class B AIS
- B G H 5000 sailing instruments with (9) GFD displays and (4) analog displays (all new, 2018)
- (2) Depth finders: B G and Furuno
- Furuno GP 33 GPS (2018)
- Furuno Navtex NX - 300
- Sea 330 SSB radio
- (2) Desktop computers (new, 2018)
- XM weather system
- ICOM M604 VHF with loud hailer and fog horn
- ICOM M502 VHF in galley
- (2) ICOM handheld VHFs
- Ritchie steering compass
- Sailor 6140 Mini C System
- Iridium GO sat phone
- Direct TV
- 12 and 24 Volt DC systems
- 110/220 AC system
- 20 kW Northern Lights generator (2013) (591 hours as of Oct, 2018)
- (2) Mastervolt 24 volt battery chargers
- (1) 12 volt battery charger
- (2) 24 volt/150 amp house alternators with external regulators
- (1) 12 volt engine battery alternator
- Heart 2800 Watt inverter
- (2) Ward 240 Volt isolation transformers
- (1) Ward 120 Volt isolation transformer
- LED cabin lights in most areas
Mechanical Equipment And Engine Details
- Cummins Model 6CTA fresh water cooled 350 HP (new installation, 2003)
- Twin Disc Transmission with 3:1 reduction turns a 2.5 shaft with a 32 3-Blade Max Prop (factory reconditioned, 2016)
- All engine hoses replaced 2016 with new heat exchanger, 2015
- Kobelt single-lever controls
- Wagner manual hydraulic steering
- Hydraulic bow thruster
- Grunert holding plate refrigerator/freezer system with two compressors (220 volt new, 2013 and 110 volt new, 2014)
- Frigoboat 24 Volt cockpit refrigerator (2016)
- U-Line 120 Volt ice maker (new, 2018)
- (7) Marine Air reverse-cycle air conditioning units (Salon new, 2018, Galley new, 2016)
- Bronze seacocks on all thru-hulls with (1) sea chest
- Espar diesel heating system
- Engine and genset oil transfer system
- Sea Recovery water maker 1,200 gallons per day
- (2) Allcraft 25 gallon hot water tanks heated by engine or 110 volt source
- (3) Headhunter marine toilets
- (2) Groco marine toilets and hosing (all new, 2016)
- Buell air compressor horn system
Deck And Hull
Hand laid fiberglass hull with Airex foam, core and three-piece molded fiberglass deck, laminated with Vinylester resin and Bi-axial E-glass. Divinycell H200/H60 core. Epoxy coating applied below the waterline for blister prevention (new 2012).
Tankage and centerboard trunks are molded into the hull. Internal cast lead ballast. Cored fiberglass centerboards and rudder. PALAWAN draws 6 -6 with centerboard up, and 15 with board down. Traditional planking and nibbing with 3/4 quarter sawn Thai and Burma teak on all weather decks and cockpit soles. Varnished teak exterior trim and stainless steel portlights, hatches, cowls, and hardware. In 2013, the topsides were re-faired and finished in Flag Blue Awlgrip paint with double white boot stripe and black bottom. The pilothouse and deck area are Awlgipped in a Pearl Grey (also 2013) to compliment the hull color. There is a painted fiberglass rubrail with stainless steel striker.
Sails And Rigging
- Triple spreader Hood UK Stoway aluminum mast (2001) with hydraulic furler (painted, 2013)
- Reckmann hydraulic genoa furler (new, 2015)
- Rod rigging (all new, 2015)
- Navtec hydraulic boom vang and split backstays
- Removable inner forestay with running backstays
- Carbon fiber spinnaker pole
- Doyle D4 Vectran furling mainsail (2010)
- Doyle 115% Dacron working genoa (2013)
- Doyle Dacron forestaysail (2002)
- Doyle storm trysail (2002)
- Doyle nylon asymmetrical spinnaker with sock (2005)
- (2) Lewmar #700ST electric primary winches
- (4) Lewmar #650ST electric mainsheet, outhaul and utility winches
- (2) Lewmar #550ST secondary winches
- (1) Lewmar #550ST electric halyard/utility winch at mast base
- (4) Lewmar #54ST halyard winches on mast
- Maxwell anchor windlass
- Twin bow roller with a through-hull roller
- 105 lb. CQR anchor with 300 of chain
- 120 lb. Bruce anchor with 300 rode (chain and multiplait on roller)
- Fortress 155 anchor with 300 rode (multiplait on spool in forepeak)
- (14) Stainless deck hatches
- (14) Stainless opening portholes
- (14) Fixed hull windows
- (16) Stainless cowl vents
- Novurania 400 DL rib inflatable (2010) with Yamaha 4-Stroke, 50 hp outboard (2010 rebuilt, 2017) equipped with VHF, Garmin chart plotter, depth sounder, and compass
- Custom davits
- Carbon fiber passerelle
- Stainless side boarding ladder
- Side boarding step
- Teak bow seat on pulpit
- Flag locker with courtesy flags of many nations
- Fenders and dock lines
- (2) DBC Marine Safety Systems 6-person life rafts stowed in recessed wells in the foredeck, both with offshore packs and water makers (Both new, 2014) (Inspected, 2018)
- (2) Horsehoe life rings
- (2) EPIRBs
- (10) PFDs
PALAWAN, long considered the Queen of Ted Hood s Little Harbor fleet, was originally built for the Chairman of IBM and has had only three owners in her illustrious career. With six Trans-Atlantic crossings to her credit, this approximately 75-ton sloop is famous for her sea keeping abilities, shoal draft, and functional pilothouse. She is also equally at home on occasional races and has done well in both the Newport to Bermuda Race (1st in Division) and victory in Bucket Regattas. With a larger-than-normal owner s cabin, two en-suite guest cabins and crew quarters forward, she also provides a very livable pilothouse, cockpit, and generous full-beam main saloon. All this in a 75 sailing yacht that can be easily sailed by two!
- Some artwork: Main salon oil painting and ILYC painting and (2) paintings in stbd. guest cabin
- All personal items
- Master cabin rug
- Narwhal grab rails
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.