- Yacht Details Sensation Yachts
- Year 1998
- Location Portsmouth, RI, US
- Engines 1
- Last UpdatedOct 28, 2021
- Asking Price$880,000.00
Have a question about this yacht?
Hull and Transom:
The hull is built out of 5086 aluminum and plating, 8mm below the waterline and 6mm above. The winged keel is a proven fast and efficient Ron Holland design.
- hull painted Flag Blue Awlgrip (2010)
- The waterline is white
- Bottom is dark red. (2014)
- The sheer is painted with a gold cove stripe and the Ron Holland insignia
- A solid crash bulkhead is positioned in between the foc'sle and the interior forward living space.
- the transom features a section that hydraulically lowers to create a swim/boarding platform with steps up to the aft deck. Storage is ample here too.
- S.S. Swim ladder
- Aft cockpit Shower (2014)
The deck is well planned with wide open spaces and most machinery and a winch located below. There is a 6" bulwark all around with a teak cap rail. Hawse pipes are integral to the bulwarks for chafe-free leading of dock lines.
The teak decks were replaced in 2014 and all other deck surfaces and pilothouse were replainted with Alwgrip "Matterhorn White"
All 10 Lewmar Deck and Pilot house hatches were replaced in 2014
The anchor chain and gypsy are hidden below two hatches just aft of the bow. The chain comes up through a hawse pipe from the stem mounted centerline roller, around the gypsy and then down into the chain locker so it is never back on deck. There is a wash down system on the foredeck. Only the rope drum is visible above deck, making for an uncluttered foredeck.
Going aft, is a large new Lewmar hatch that gives access to the foc'sle. Foc'sle area is large and organized to store sails, ground tackle, docking equipment and cleaning supplies.
- Double life lines
- Maxwell VWC 4000 Hydraulic Windlass (new 2014)
- 120 lb Stainless Steel Bruce Anchor
- 400' of 1/2" HT Chain (2014)
- Spare anchor Fortress - FX 125
- Lifting boom for dinghy
- Chocks for dinghy on foredeck (removable)
- Aluminum Passerelle
- Three Internal Boom lights over cockpit area.
- Combo 220 v AC bilge pump/ sea water wask down for anchor chain
- pilothouse window covers
- Dodger and Bimini for forward cockpit
- New aft cabin and head Portlights (2014) - all Portlights are opening
- Propane BBQ Grill
The forward cockpit is U shaped with comfortable seating for 8. The cockpit table houses storage as well as a rebuilt and re-insullatedFrigoboat refridgerated well (2014).Engine Room and Mechanicals
Accessed from a side deck hatch on the port side or through the electrical room off of the aft passageway, the engine room is now a marvel to behold. The new layout, wiring and plumbing allow for maximum accessibility to all the systems within.
- Cummin 235 HP Diesel main engine, (2014)
- Maxprop Feathering prop
- Spurs Line cutter
- New ZF Clear Command Engine controls (2014)
- Northern Lights 20 KW Generator with new exhaust
- Air Conditioning System - New Chiller (2014) and six air handlers, including duct work - 4 ton system.
- Bow Thruster Side Power 20 hp (2014) Hydraulic
- Stern Thruster - Retractable, Side Power 12 hp electrical (2014)
- Mamba Mechanical drive steering
- Hot water Heater - 20 gal (2014) with Pex plumbing (2014)
- Reverso Oil Pump exchange with reservoir (2014)
- Fuel tanks - cleaned, repainted(2014)
- Water Tanks - cleaned and painted inside (2014)
- Gray & Black water tanks - cleaned and repainted (2014)
NAVIGATIONAL EQUIPMENT - ALL NEW IN 2014:
- Furuno TZ Touch Screen 14" -Located inside
- ICOM M802 SSB with Tuner -Located inside
- ICOM M504 VHF w/ Hailer -Located inside
- Furuno TZ Touch Screen 9" - Located in Helmsmen's Cockpit
- ICOM VHF Commander Mic III - Located in Helmsmen's Cockpit
- Iridium Sat phone and antenna (2014)
- 24" Furuno Radar Closed array - mounted on mast
- Furuno FA50 AIS Class B Transponder
- Furuno GPS NMEA2000
- Actisense NMEA2000 to 0183 Converter
- Dual Furuno GPS NMEA 2000 antennas for built in fail over
- B&G autopilot ACP2 software updated and new rudder reference unit and gimballed rate compass
SAILING INSTRUMENTATION - ALL NEW IN 2014:
- B&G: Pilot Display (BGH210021)at helm and in Pilothouse
- B&G Multi Display (BGH210001) at helm and in Pilothouse
- 54" Masthead Unit
- B&G wind 1450mm VMHV pack (BGN030003)
- B&G Analog Wind Speed (BGH230001) at Helm
- Flat Screen TV in Main Salon (2007)
- Flat screen TV in Master stateroom ( 2014)
- Sony CD/Tuner in Main Salon
- Critchfield Cockpit speakers (2014)
- Rogue wave wifi Pro wireless bridge system (2014)
- Asus wireless router for onboard internet distribution (2014)
- Fusion MS-IP7001 marine entertainment system with MS-Unidock controllable from Furuno TZT displays and wired for 3 zone audio output (Saoln, Master Cabin and Cockpit) (2014)
220 Volt and 110 Volt Electrical Systems
24 and 12 volt Ships DC systems
- (2) Mastervolt Chargers MASS 24/75
- 3600 Xantrex inverter/charger
- 175 Amp Alternator
- AGM House Battery Bank (2014) 1200 Amp Hours
- Engine and Genset Starting Battery (2) AGM 24 volt (2014)
- 50 AMP Power Cord ( 2014)
- 12 VDC system Victron 24/12-70A DC/DC converter (2014)
Designed by Andrew Winch for Ron Holland, Valor's interior is a brilliant mix of elegance, form and function. Step down the staircase from the cockpit and enter the expansive pilothouse which is light, bright and welcoming. Large fixed windows line three sides with 2 large opening hatches overhead for ventilation. The interior walls are cherry with high gloss varnish throughout. The overhead panels gloss white V grooved while the interior upper verticals are off -white. The settee is blue leather with complimenting textiles throughout. The cabin sole floorboards are all removable to provide full access to the bilge and lock into place for safety.
Continuing forward from the pilothouse, decend three more steps and the galley area with banquet is to starboard. A large en-suite guest cabin is directly across from the galley. Forward of the en-suite are two mirror imaged over and under berthed cabins which share a head. The ample head has a large opening hatch for ventilation and light.
Returning back to the pilothouse, to starboard, one would find three stairs leading down past a navigation center outboard and the electrical panel and engine room access door inboard. Aft of that is the master suite.Pilothouse
The pilothouse/main salon is very comfortable and bright. The raised u shaped settee, offers a panoramic view of your anchorage. The highly varnished center table features drawers in the pedestal providing great storage for flatware, stemware and china.
Opposite to starboard, is a settee in a complementing textile to the rich blue ultra leather found on the larger settee. Aft of the straight settee, is a cherry cabinet with custom housing for rocks glasses and other bar necessities.
The lower helm station is positioned to starboard. All electronics were replaced in 2014 and a new dash board which was designed and built to house them .Galley
The galley extends along the starboard side At the forward end if the galley is an L shaped counter top space with two person banquet. It greatly adds to working space when prepping for a meal and also serves as a mess for the crew.
Following aft is a double sink with microwave above it, a three burner propane stove with oven and a trash compacter.
The new refrigerator/freezer stacking units are located toward the aft end of the galley on centerline.. Another freezer is located outboard of these.
On the inboard side of the galley, just behind the mast is more beautifully crafted cabinetry and counter space.
All appliances were replaced in 2014.
Frigoboat Freezer with drawers (2014)
Frigoboat Refrigeration with front door (2014)
Frigoboat countertop opening freezer (2014)
LG Microwave oven (2014)
Broan Trash Compacter (2014)
Splendide Washer/Dryer Combo unit (2014)
Aquamatic 900 Water maker with remote (2014)
Central Vacuum system (2014)Master stateroom
The master stateroom stretches the full beam of the boat. A centerline queen bed with new custom mattress is flanked by two L-shaped cabinets on either side. A comfortable settee is located to starboard just forward of a full length hanging locker which is found behind the entrance door to the suite. On the forward wall directly in front of the bed, is the entertainment center which houses a new 26" LCD TV. The teak and holly cabin soles are protected with bound fitted berber carpets.
To port is a lovely sit down vanity with an opening hinged top, lights and storage.
Forward of that is the head. The head includes an inlaid countertop, a large enclosed shower with a tempered glass door and a vacuflush toilet with good ventilation.Spars, Rigging & Sails
Valor is rigged for short handed sailing with a self tacking jib and in boom furling mainsail. The main halyard is controlled by a captive hydraulic reel winch so raising and lowering the powerful mainsail is done with the push of a button. The main sheet is lead aft to a hydraulic winch in the helmsmen's cockpit. The jib sheet which controls the jib is lead to a self tacking track and then aft to a hydraulic cockpit winch.
To tack Valor - simply turn the wheel.
Running backstays and a detachable inner forestay are fitted, but the swept back spreaders make them unnecessary except in heavy weather.
- Matric Aluminum Mast - repainted in 2014
- New Southern Spars Boom - 2020
- Reckman Roller furling
- Navtek Hydraulic backstay and vang
- Lewmar Commander System Hydraulic Winches - for winches, furling and windlass
- Winch switches replaced in 2014
- 2- Lewmar 66 STH (Primaries) , 2 Lewmar 66ST (Secondaries)
- 1- Lewmar 56 ST & 1 Lewmar 56STH at mast
- S.S. Rod Rigging - New in 2014
- Halyards - Spectra
- SAILS -
Main - Fully Battened by North 2003
Jib - Carbon - 2005
Delivery Jib - 2003
Cruising Spinnaker with Sock
Safety and Fire Protection
- Winslow 10 person life raft - service is due
- Built in Fireboy 23.7 lb 241 fire extinguishing system
- Assorted flares, life jackets and throwables.
- New AB 11' Aluminum Inflatable' (2014)
- New 20 hp Yamaha 4 stroke Outboard (2014)
Valor is now in better condition than new. With a most recent refit of over $1.4 million, one can be assured of virtually trouble free operation for many seasons to come. It has been speculated that her replacement cost in excess of $5,000,000. Valor is a fantastic opportunity to save the years of involvement with a new build and to avoid the uncertainty of the cost of a major refit. It has already been done for you.
The complete refit list is available upon request.