- Yacht Details Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 490
- Year 2023
- Location Newport, RI, US
- Engines 1
- Last UpdatedOct 26, 2022
- Asking Price$502,700.00
Have a question about this yacht?
Contact Bluenose Yacht Sales for more detailed PDF brochure and full specifications.
401 855 4355
BASE BOAT PRICE IS INCLUSIVE OF SAILS, ENGINE AND STANDARD OPTIONS HOWEVER...
MOST NEW BOATS AFTER SAIL AWAY OPTIONS ARE ADDED WILL HAVE A RETAIL PRICE OF BETWEEN 25-30% MORE THAN BASE BOAT PRICE.
Designed by Philippe Briand and Jean-Marc Piaton, the new Sun Odyssey 490 successfully combines contemporary style and harmony, all while respecting the heritage of her 27 years.
This sailboat from 49 feet has revolutionized cruising: she is the only sailboat in their category to feature movement about the deck without obstacle. For example, the sidedecks are inclined, sloping down to the cockpit floor, meaning that there is no need to step over the coaming!
Life on board has never been so simple and comfortable.
PRICE IS BASE BOAT, NO OPTIONS BUT DELIVERED AND COMMISSIONED, BOTTOM PAINT IN WATER READY TO GO
- Make YANMAR
- Fuel diesel
- Type Inboard
- Drive Type Sail
- Length Overall: 48.5 ft
- Cruising Speed: 8 kn
- Cruising Speed: 9 kn
- Beam: 14.67 ft
- Hull Material: Fiberglass
- Fuel Tank: 1 x 63|gallon
- Fresh Water: 1 x 169|gallon
- Holding: 1 x 169|gallon
- Cabins: 3
The new Jeanneau 490 has all new features such as:
1) a full chine hull from stem to stern with double rudders. A very stiff hull with excellent stability upwind and off the wind. Excellent hull efficiency under power at 9 knots or when sailing.
2) The only "walk around" side decks of any manufacturer. You will find safer for children or elderly when they can walk around a helm station and the side decks are sloped up as you walk forward. You have to experience this to appreciate it. And while at the helm you will love the improved visibility forward because you can stand or sit further outboard than normal. No more stepping over the cockpit seating to go forward.
3) A redesigned new cockpit seating area with in board primary winches for easier, safer control of either genoa or mainsail sheets. Regardless of you are crew or skipper you will find these primary winches are in a preferred location.
Also, a Jeanneau first, is the option for the cockpit seating to fold outboard providing an enormous lounging area in the cockpit.
4) Below decks, the interior has been redesigned with a navigation station to port at the bottom of the companionway with a forward facing nav seat and opposite to another aft facing lounge seat. A breakfast nook or a shared space for skipper and mate.
The galley has more storage than any other boat in her size and class range with excellent counter space and is to port of the main salon settee and table.
The forward stateroom is the largest stateroom you will also find in her size and class with a private shower space to starboard and private head to port. The centerline master berth has excellent storage and is easy to get around or in and out of the berth for either person.
Aft of the companionway are two double private berths with one large head and separate shower that is shared.