- Yacht Details Kadey-Krogen
- Year 2008
- Location Deltaville, VA, US
- Engines 1
- Last UpdatedMar 5, 2021
- Asking Price$865,000.00
Have a question about this yacht?
Boarding either from the port side, starboard side or from the swim platform brings you into the commodious-fully covered cockpit. You realize why the Krogen owners lovingly refer to this area as their "back porch". Alizann features a dual purpose enclosure made with Strataglass and screen curtains, a door on the starboard side deck, provides a wonderful extension to the saloon area by opening the double welded aluminum doors!
Entering the saloon area features custom upholstery and window valances, to starboard is an optional U-shaped dinette, offering more seating and storage than the standard L-shaped version with a TV lift system on the forward end. Opposite to the port side are two Ekornes reclining chairs making this the preferred layout saloon version, more livable being a wide-body model with the expanded 18" of interior space from the forward galley bulkhead to the aft saloon bulkhead. Forward of the saloon to port is a bureau with an ice maker and generous storage cabinet.
The upgraded galley of Alizann will certainly please the epicurean in you! The owner's brilliant improvements over the standard galley exude the thought given throughout this build. Ideas to add custom spice racks, a continuous Corian counter top over the stove - SO SMART! The backsplash is a beautiful blend with the decor and appliance choices. Equipped with a trash compactor, convection microwave oven, three burner Force 10 stove & oven, energy efficient AC/DC refrigerator/freezer to extend time on the hook and an abundance of storage, lacks nothing from your home! That is what one of the meanings of the well known tagline of Kadey-Krogen Yachts, "At Home on Any Sea"...
Down four steps, leading forward brings you into the living quarters. To port is the guest head with a separate stall shower, vacuuflush toilet and concealed behind a louvered door is the GE washer & Dryer - not a combo unit here! The livability of the Krogen 48 is renown, not a stairmaster getting to the head from the saloon...
To starboard is the guest stateroom has a queen sized bed, library, large closet, chest of drawers and a nice sized desk. This area opts as a den or office when not used by guests.
Forward takes you into the owners stateroom with an en suite head and separate stall shower. The owners berth is a standard queen sized mattress. The center position allows for the bed to be made up on both sides and has seats on both sides, a great place to sit and read or just putting your socks and shoes on...The berth lifts on gas struts, revealing a huge storage area beneath. Speaking of storage, plentiful - owners are always blown away by this fact! His and Hers hanging lockers, two chest of drawers and a space under the sole that is ideal for putting your luggage. Ventilation is superb with two Lewmar Ocean Series deck hatches and opening portlights, makes for a bright and cheery feel.
The pilothouse is four steps up from the galley/saloon and has an L-shaped settee with table aft, a STIDDS helm chair for piloting, offers a spectacular view out with the design of the windows. The dash design is ideal with placement of all of your navigational electronics. And the welded aluminum stormproof doors inspire seaworthiness and security.
After setting your anchor, enjoy a glass of wine on the bench seat in front of the pilothouse, such a great design feature that also boasts more storage! Being a wide-body model, the access up to the boat deck is up an easy access. The flybridge is covered with a custom hardtop and atop that are solar panels and wind generators. The flybridge is equipped with a double helm chair and port and starboard settees. While at rest, take note of one of the photos showing the lounging options!
Hull and superstructure molds from high-grade, highly polished - female tooling.
Hull construction includes use of USA-made, Cook® gel coat. Hand-Laid Knytex® fiberglass construction with closed-cell PVC sandwich core used in topsides. Solid fiberglass below waterline with blister-resistant vinylester resin utilized on first two laminates below the waterline, with arimid fiber reinforcements for extreme high impact resistance!
Superstructure includes end-grain balsa core and surface mats for print-through reduction.
Teak aft and side decks are epoxied down, no fasteners. Boat and fore decks have Awlgrip -GripTex® non-skid finish. Bulwark has molded plank lines with gel coat finish.EQUIPPED FOR THE VOYAGE
SUPREME ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS:
- Northern Lights 12kW generator with a hydraulic PTO and Reworked for easy Impeller Services and GEN-Sep! (hours 2,340)
- Charles 3.2KVa Iso-Boost Isolation Transformer
- LED Lighting - Entire Yacht
- 3 - Sunpower SPR-X22-360 Solar Panels on Hardtop each providing 360 watts of power
- AirBreeze Wind Generators providing 300 watts of power
- Lithium House Battery Bank (New 2019) New dialed in charging Setup
- 3000 watt Magnum Inverter/Charger
- Second Xantrex 3kW Inverter - Backup System
- 50 Amp Inlet Shore Power
- 30 Amp Inlet Shore Power with Step-UP transformer and appropriate wiring to accept 30 Amp shore power
- Panic/Warning switches in master stateroom wired to LED spreader lights, bow lights and cockpit lighting
- LED lighting in all interior cabinetry controlled by door contact switches
- Battery Monitoring System - Smart Remote - for Magnum Inverter
- All NEW LED Engine Room Lighting
- Shore Inlets at Bow & Cockpit for convenience of docking
- Flybridge 110 volt outlet
- Engine Starting Battery (New 2019)
- Stereo System XM Satellite WeatherWx Xm/Sirius Radio
- Sisius Music Radio
- Ubiquiti WiFi Antenna
- Over the Air Digital TV Antenna
- Bose Surround Sound System in Saloon
- Bose System in Pilothouse & Flybridge
- Hardwired CO Detectors
- Central Vacuum System
SHIPS MECHANICAL SYSTEMS:
- ABT Hydraulic GET-HOME Drive System with Cooling Hoses from Generator to Main Shaft
- ABT Hydraulic Bow Thruster
- ABT Hydraulic Active Fin Stabilization System
- Nuvair Dive Compressor
- Spectra Newport 700 Watermaker
- LED Lighting Throughout
- Hurricane ITR Diesel Hydronic Heating System (4 Zones)
- CruiseAir Marine Air Conditioning & Reverse Cycle Heating Systems
- Active Engine Room Ventilation Systems
- Added Cooling Fans to improve airflow for 12 volt refrigerator & freezer
- Alarm Systems added to Generator, John Deere, Engine Room Highwater
- Maxwell 220 Horizontal Hydraulic Windlass with 2 - Wildcats and gypsies
- Electric Windlass at stern for spare anchor
- Imtra Intermittent windshield wipers with freshwater washes
- ESI Fuel Polishing System with DeBugger
- Oil Changing System plumbed to the Engine, Transmission & generator
- Boston Whaler 12' Tender with 25 HP Merc Outboard
- Custom Fiberglass Hardtop over Flybridge
- Boat Deck Freezer
- Strataglass Cockpit Enclosures
- Screen Cockpit Enclosures
- Strataglass Flybridge front & side windshields
- 2 - Main Anchors - Primary with 300' of chain & Secondary with 50' of chain & 250' of nylon rode
- Extensive Spare Parts Inventory
- Anchoring Flopper Stopper System (at anchor stabilization)
- Extensive Safety Equipment inclusive of a AED
- Engine Room Sea-Fire System
- Dripless Packing Glands - Main Shaft & Rudder
- Prop-Speed Coatings on Prop & Bow Thruster Impeller
- Hynautic Hydraulic Engine & Gear Controls
- Remote Anchor Windlass Controls at Pilothouse & Flybridge Stations
- Robust Twin Disk Transmission
- Propane System with 2 20lb aluminum tanks
- Freeman Watertight Deck Hatch accessing anchor locker
- Aramid Hull Reinforcement areas for high impact resistance
- Watertight Anchor Locker and Aft Engine Room Bulkheads
- Foredeck Seat Cushions
- Dual Seat at Flybridge
- Engine Driven Emergency Bilge Pump, 4 - auto/manual bilge pumps
- Foredeck Sunshade
- Boat Deck Awning with Sunshades
- Multiple Sunbrella Canvas Covers
- Sunshades for Aft Cockpit
- Mast/Davit Electric Hoist System Bow Tow/Anchor Bridle Ring set low on the bow
- Boat Deck Delineation Rail - Whaler Stows Aft - Lounging Area in Front, aft of the flybridge area
- Salt Water Washdown System at Bow
- Freshwater spigots at bow, cockpit and flybridge/boat deck
- Cockpit Shower
- Fishing Pole Holders
- Extensive Spare Parts Inventory - all alphabetically and location cataloged!
- 2 - Standard Horizon GX50005 VHF Marine Radios (Pilothouse & Flybridge)
- New Standard Horizon VHF that is not wired in, but still new, in the box in our spares (not a handheld-it's a base unit that fits the opening in the pilot house)
- Furuno RD-30 Weather Station
- 2 - Furuno RD-30 MFD Display Units
- 2 - Danforth Compasses (Pilothouse & Flybridge)
- 3 - Nauticomp Marine Monitors (2 - Pilothouse & 1 Flybridge)
- PC Based Navigation Charting System
- Furuno FA-150 AIS Transponder
- Furuno Echo Sounder
- Koden Closed Dome Radar - (secondary)
- Furuno Open Array Radar System (primary)
- Simrad AP-28 Auto Pilot with Wireless Remote Control System
- Rudder Angle Indicator
- 4 - GPS Units
- LED Navigational Lights
Jim Krogen once said, “To produce a successful design, you must make an honest determination of how the vessel really will be used and then prioritize every design decision to favor that outcome."
The hull form of a Krogen, maybe should be your first reason to choose Alazann. With her fine entry, balanced ends, wineglass shaped transom, these are attributes to provide her owners an extremely comfortable, fuel efficient and seaworthy ship for voyaging. The Krogen owners tend to keep their yachts for one of the longest ownership periods of any type of yacht, fact.
The fuel system aboard Alazann is a brilliant design in simplicity and functionality. You have three aluminum tanks where the center tank is the tank that feeds fuel to the engine, generator and Hurricane diesel heating system, and all return to the same tank. The port and starboard tanks can gravity feed into the center tank - if you so choose - or utilize your ESI Fuel Polisher to pre-clean the fuel that goes into that tank. Simple by design, you do not have to manage fuel supply & return feed from multiple fuel tanks! And at the base of the center tank is a trap - lowest point in the fuel system to where the ESI polisher can pull from.
POWER AT ANCHORING:
The brilliant design of the solar panels, wind generators and generator provide flexibility that truly is a rarity in the Krogen 48 family of trawlers. The idea in this setup is to extend at anchor without running the generator or inverters, being more reliant on 12 power.
Movie - cut & paste: https://youtu.be/25NTwmm_dH0