43' J Boats J/133 2006 | Lady K
Muskegon, MI, USA
A boat designed to do it all! Has successfully done that racing IRC, PHRF, Distance, while maintaining a beautiful and comfortable cruising interior. Plus an extensive list of upgrades, equipment, sails, and electronics. A boat that would cost four times as much if built today.
Recent Upgrades from 2020-22:
- All new interior cushions
- New mainsail cover White Sunbrella with J/133 logo
- Nav Station
- Garmin AIS with splitter for VHS
- B&G VHF Marine Radio
- B&G Vulcan 7 plotter
- B&G Zeus 12 Plotter
- Sirius Sat receiver
- 12-volt USB (4) power outlet
- Cockpit Seahood
- B&G H5000 display (2)
- B&G Tritan Display
- Custom Stainless mounting plate powder coated Black
- H500 Pilot computer
- H5000 Pilot controller
- Rudder Feeback NMEA Back Bone
- H5000 Misc
- 3d sensor
- Prec 9 compass
- Hercules CPU
- Nemeses 12” display ($5000)
- Airmar Speed, Depth, Temp transducer
- Original B&G wand
- New cockpit speakers 2020
- New Fusion MS-RA770
- Alpine R-W10D2 Sub-Woofer
- Alpine S-A60M Sub Amp
- Stereo integrated into NMEA back bone can be controlled from Zeus or Vulcan display
- (4) New House Battery
- (1) New Engine Battery
- New Bilge pump
- New Fridge Thermostat
- New cockpit cushions
Factory Options Included:
- Two Head/Two Cabin Layout Option
- White gelcoat hull with blue boot and cove stripes
- DC Refrigeration Package
- Systems Group
- Marina Group
- Interior Trim Package – All teak interior
- Ultra-suede tan cushions in main cabin
- Microwave Oven (new 2018)
- Force 10 galley stove (new 2017)
- Removable Teak Cockpit Table, varnished with padded bag
- A/C – Marine Air VCD 16000 BTU, 2 Units
- Watermaker – Sea Recovery Ultra Whisper 300GPD/13GPH
- Heater – Espar heating system 5-outlets
- Inverter/Battery Charger – ProSine 3kw with remote monitor at nav
- Separate alternators for starting and house batteries with crossover switch
- 2nd Balmar Alternator with Regulator and Centerfielder
- 4 x100 AH Lifeline AGM house batteries model GPL-27T
- 1 starting battery
- Galvanic isolator (new 2018)
- Stringer reinforcement completed by J/Boats at TPI in 2006
- Cruising forestay with harken furling gear
- Harken carbo foil 7001.20 racing forestay
- Offshore rod backstay with SSB insulators
- Racing Backstay
- 1 Harken electric cabin top winch (48.2STE_HY-08)
- 7 Harken winches (2 X 56.2ST, 3 X 48.2ST, 2 X 46.2ST)
- Staysail removable forestay
- Reinforced deck pad-eye for staysails
- Code 0 strop to reinforce sprit on bow
- Pole retrofit incorporating high load sheave for pole out (new sprit in 2009)
- Hydraulic backstay panel in cockpit
- German Mainsheet System added
- Upgraded running rigging
- Grand Prix bottom fairing by Waterline Systems in Rhode Island
- Faired to template, bottom and foils and painted with Baltoplate
Sails – All North Sails and in Good Conditions
- 3Di Regatta mainsail (2017)
- 3Di #1 Genoa (2017)
- 3Di Heavy #1 Genoa (2016)
- 3Di #3 Heavy Jib (2013)
- 3Di #3 Light/Medium Jib (2018)
- 3DL Offshore main with Taffeta
- 3DL Jibtop Genoa
- 3DL Blast Reacher
- Dacron #4
- Genoa Staysail
- Storm Jib
- Storm Trysail
- A2 asymmetric runner (2016)
- A2 asymmetric runner
- A1 asymmetric light air reacher
- A3 asymmetric reacher (2019)
- A5 asymmetric (Heavy air reduced size)
- Code 0
- Spinnaker Staysail
- 3DL Cruising #3 Jib with taffeta and vertical battens
- Lee cloths for settee
- Wichard folding pad eyes in cockpit for safety harness’
- Tapered softwood plugs at all thru-hulls
- Radar reflectors
- 2 lightweight fortress anchors with chain & rode in compact carrying bags
- Sailboards (1 – white, 1- black)
- Emergency tiller
- Cruising Gear
- Boom tent
- Asymmetric snuffer
- Lifeline padded covers
- Table cover
- 2 West marine folding bicycles
- Screens for all portlights
- 2 head sump pumps
- Transom hot & cold-water shower
- Fresh water washdown for anchor
- Propane tanks (2)
- Cosmetic cover for sprit in forepeak (not installed)
- 2 X 12v Hella turbo fans in main and aft cabins
- Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel
- Carbon Fiber Fridge Door
- Docklines & Fenders (with fleece covers)
- Canada Coast Guard Required Safety Gear
- Mainsail Cover in Sunbrella (navy blue)
- Shore Power Cord
- Carbon Deck Block Patches
- Winch Handles
- Winch Handle Pockets
- *No cradle or jackstands
Recent Work Done by Wiggers Service:
- New gator for lower rudder bearing
- Backstay service
- Replace top bearing with new Jefa
- Harken forestay
- Repair cockpit table fitting/cockpit floor sole/engine room insulation
- New Teak & Holly Cabin Sole
- New Countertop and Carbon Fiber Fridge Lid
- New LED cabin lights
- New Force 10 stove
- LOA: 43 ft 0 in
- Beam: 12 ft 10 in
- LWL: 37 ft 10 in
- Minimum Draft: 7 ft 6 in
- Maximum Draft: 7 ft 6 in
- Displacement: 18,250 lbs
Hull & Deck
- SCRIMP infusion molded sandwich construction using biaxial, triaxial and quadraxial E-glass with Baltek Super-Light 45 end-grained balsa core in the Hull and Deck. Vinylester resin throughout all GRP components. (SCRIMP is the patented resin infusion molding process of TPI Technologies, Inc.)
- White Gel Coat hull with single bootstripe (choose from a selection of gelcoat colors).
- White gelcoat deck with choice of five non-skid colors in tones of white, gray and beige.
- Hull-to-deck joint bonded with aircraft-grade methacrylate adhesive.
- Lamination specifications to exceed ABS offshore yacht standards.
- TPI 5 year structural warranty with 10 year transferable warranty against hull blisters.
- Molded structural grid infused to hull for a primary bond to hull shell. Grid includes keel floors, mast step, engine bed and longitudinal supports.
- GRP molded main structural bulkhead, bonded with epoxy to the hull and deck with dual openings to forepeak & head.
- Molded companionway seahood with integral instrument pod, molded slider and acrylic drop board equipped with inside/outside stainless hasp and storage rack in cockpit locker.
- Molded stern boarding/swim platform with boarding ladder.
- ORC height foredeck toe-rails integrally molded into deck forward of mast.
- Variable chord, high lift, low VCG keel with bulb and optional shoal keel.
- Stainless steel handrails on cabin trunk.
- Bow locker with deck hatch and overboard drainage for stowage of anchoring gear or spinnaker in snuffer.
- Cockpit seat locker to port capable of storing a 6-man life raft (full cut-out locker with aft head option).
- Two lazarette lockers on afterdeck.
- Molded propane locker to starboard, vented & drained overboard.
Propulsion & Steering
- Yanmar 54 hp 4JH4-CE, fresh water cooled, 4 cylinder, naturally aspirated diesel engine with Saildrive SD-40, Racor fuel filter & 125 amp Power Max alternator.
- Yanmar recessed engine instrument panel in cockpit with Lexan cover.
- Flex-O-Fold two-blade, geared folding propeller.
- Sound insulation throughout engine box area.
- Shift/throttle control.
- 50 gallon aluminum fuel tank with baffles & access port, vent and deck fill under port settee berth.
- Carbon fiber reinforced composite rudder blade & custom carbon rudder shaft mounted in high quality rudder bearings.
- Molded steering pedestal with Ritchie binnacle compass, SS Guard to accommodate radar/plotter pod, Edson steering components and 60” Diamond series wheel with elkhide comfort grip.
- Teak helmsman foot braces.
- Aluminum emergency tiller with deck plate access.
- Hot & cold pressure water system with hot water tank and accumulator tank.
- Self-priming direct sump pump for shower draining directly overboard.
- Automatic bilge pump with float switch and dedicated panel in nav station wired direct to DC system.
- Manually operated bilge pump mounted in the cockpit. (second pump below included in Systems Group Package option).
- 50 gallons of water standard in custom molded tank with baffles, inspection port, and secured in place below starboard main cabin settee berth. Additional 40 gallon tank option of bladder-bag type mounted below starboard quarter berth.
- Icebox drain with valve to bilge.
- Marelon seacocks below waterline including head intake, head discharge, head & galley sink drains.
- Through-hulls include bowsprit-housing drain, anchor locker drain, stainless engine exhaust on transom, bilge pump discharge on transom, wheel well drain, LPG locker drain.
- Standard system batteries include: (2) group 31 (105amp) deep cycle batteries to serve the house, and (1) Optima 1000 (1,100 CCA) battery for dedicated service to the engine. Batteries are Lifeline AGM sealed, absorbed glass mat type series.
- Battery Isolator with parallel switch to allow engine start from house bank.
- Xantrex Link 20 Battery Monitor (Replaced by Link 2000 with Marina Group Option).
- Master battery switch at nav station with (1,2,Both,Off) for House batteries and single On/Off switch for engine start battery.
- DC Electrical distribution panel w/digital condition meters and circuit breakers.
- Navigation, steaming & compass lights.
- Bonding system to meet ABYC project E-4.5 and E-4.8 Lightning protection.
- DC (& optional AC) grounding systems to meet ABYC E-8 and E-9.
- Galvanic Isolation protection with Marina Group Option.
- Propane solenoid.
- Nine swiveling stainless halogen reading lamps, halogen overhead lights in main cabin, flexible armed lamp at navigation station, and fluorescent light in the head.
- Main cabin with varnished cherry veneered bulkheads and furniture units, with cold molded and solid varnished trim.
- Fore and aft cabins finished with off-white vinyl hull surfaces (varnished cherry hull siding option).
- 6’ 4” headroom in main cabin.
- Forward Cabin includes a hanging locker, vanity with cabinet and drawers and changing seat to port, a large V-berth platform with hinged access to storage below, port side shelf on hull, a watertight bow sprit enclosure and small vanity to starboard. Transducer access through small access area in teak and holly cabin floor.
- Large head with molded sink, outboard storage locker, H&C shower with dedicated shower sump draining overboard.
- Main cabin settee berths with split and bolstered backrest cushions port and starboard.
- Choice of Nylon bolstered cushion fabrics.
- Cabinet storage outboard of port & starboard settees each with two doors and mid-height bookshelf between.
- Varnished cherry wood slats on hull sides above settee backrests in main salon and nav station.
- Storage compartments behind the seat backrest cushions.
- Varnished cherry main cabin, drop-leaf table with bottle storage compartment.
- Vinyl lining on overhead.
- Removable teak & holly veneer floor panels finished in varnish with underside and ends sealed with epoxy.
- Large, sit-down, forward facing nav table with chart storage, instrument panel, bookshelf and outboard storage shelf.
- Overhead stainless grab rails in main cabin to port and starboard.
- Aft Starboard Cabin: Double berth with cushions, vinyl hull siding, vanity with drawers and cabinet, full length shelf, hanging locker, and varnished teak & holly cabin sole.
- Aft Port Cabin: Mirror image of starboard cabin. (Aft head option to port available).
- High polished double stainless sink mounted in wheat-matrix Nevamar laminated J-shaped galley countertop with varnished cold-molded fiddles.
- Three-burner Force 10 propane stove/broiler/oven with slide-away oven door recess and S.S. stove bar.
- Two 6lb aluminum propane bottles in cockpit propane locker connected through solenoid shutoff switch. Locker capacity for three bottles.
- Manual fresh water foot pump.
- 6.5 cu.ft. icebox with dual hinged top, and internal acrylic sliding shelf/divider.
- Dry goods storage bins outboard.
- SS vertical grab bar mounted on forward inboard corner of galley and attached to deck.
- Griddle and pan storage locker under stove.
- Flatware and utensil drawers.
- Large trash bin storage with flip-lid access under counter.
- Storage area under galley island suitable for optional microwave installation.
- Harken 60.2 AST (was 56.2 STA) self-tailing 2 speed primary winches (2).
- Harken 48.2 STA self-tailing, 2 speed mainsheet winches (2).
- Harken 48.2 STA self-tailing, 2 speed, secondary winches mounted on the cabin trunk (2).
- Harken 46.2 STA self-tailing , 2 speed forward halyard winches (2).
- Four Harken Speedgrip lock-in winch handles with four PVC winch handle holders.
- Custom Stainless mast collar with fastening points for halyard blocks.
- Harken “Black Magic” blocks for reef lines, spinnaker and genoa blocks.
- Harken stainless “ESP” halyard and reef blocks at mast collar.
- Spinlock rope clutches for halyards, reef lines, furler line, and tack line.
- Harken mainsheet and traveler system with Black Magic series blocks & components.
- Harken adjustable jib/genoa car system with purchase system led to the cockpit.
- Stainless bow pulpit and stern rail with gate.
- Custom stainless stemhead fitting.
- Tapered lifeline stanchions with amidship boarding gates port and starboard.
- Four 10” 4-bolt mooring cleats.
- Three articulated, acrylic Gebo hatches with screens.
- Nine Gebo opening ports and one fixed port (over Nav station) on cabin trunk with screens.
- Two Gebo opening ports with screens in cockpit well, one each for port and starboard aft cabins.
- Thurston cockpit dodger with roll-up forward window & removable side curtains.
- Telescoping transom swimming ladder.
- Four 16×24 polypropylene mesh line bags.
Spars & Rigging
- Hall Spars pre-preg carbon fiber mast autoclaved at 80 PSI at 250 deg F. Mast includes double airfoil aluminum spreaders, carbon gooseneck, white Awlgrip finish, painted black bands, wire runs in conduit, Antal mainsail track for #40 cars with loader and end fittings to accommodate sailmaker provided mainsail sliders and/or boltrope. Also included with the mast are; Spartite mast wedge material, anchor light, steaming light,ORC mast attachment system to mast step.
- Mast Step: G10 epoxy custom fit mast step attaches to molded centerline longitudinal hull stringer with four SS bolts tapped to integral aluminum plate.
- Hall Spars boom of 6061-T6 aluminum with white Awlgrip finish, welded gooseneck fitting, lug for boom vang, internal 12:1 mainsail outhaul with external cleat, bale for mainsheet block and painted white bands. Outboard end to accommodate single line reef to starboard and 2nd clew reef to port.
- Hall D-30 QuikVang.
- Harken MKIII Unit 2.0 furling system with airfoil performance extrusion, corrosion proof spool and drum, tapered torque tube, AirSwivel for reduced weight aloft, cast aluminum Hardcote anodized chafe guard, and low stretch adjuster line.
- Navtec continuous rod rigging and turnbuckles.
- Sailtec integral hydraulic backstay.
- Hall Spars retractable carbon fiber J/Sprit with clearcoat Awlgrip finish.
- Harken tackle system for bowsprit with control line led to cabin top rope clutch.
- Bowsprit bearing system with drain mounted in hull housing and exterior neoprene seal.
- Optimized Hall rigging package including; two Technora jib halyards, two Spectra spinnaker halyards each with Tylaska SS shackles and flemish eye terminations, 1:1 main halyard of Technora with Wichard shackle, Mainsheet and two traveler control adjuster lines, two Spectra genoa sheets, two tapered Spectra spinnaker sheets, Spectra spinnaker tack line, three reef lines: One continuous reef line to starboard. Tack reef #2 doubles as cunningham to port. Clew reef #2 is included with its own dedicated hardware.
DISCLAIMER The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.