35' Grand Soleil 34 2019 | Grand Plan
Portsmouth, RI, USA
This GS34 PERFORMANCE VERSION has been lightly raced and also fine-tuned and tweaked by an experienced owner who has done well in a few races with podium finishes.
Recent PHRF and ORC rating certificates available
The design and naval architecture process have been realized with great attention. The aim was to create an offshore racing boat that is both easy to sail at maximum performance and a very comfortable fast cruiser. The GS 34 Performance, with an improved sail plan and appendages, has been designed for IRC handicap rating in offshore races and for ORC and PHRF. This way, the boat can be competitive in both offshore and inshore International regulations with a better rating.
Yachts Magazine review
This is certainly an appealing boat, combining Italian style with a high standard of finish and contemporary design. It promises to be heaps of fun to sail, whether short-handed or fully crewed, and with the potential for an IRC rating of little more than 1.020 it also has the potential to be very competitive indeed.
Factory optional equipment
- Electric Windlass - Quick
- Anchor Chain & anchor
- Water heater
- Factory dodger (Removable for racing)
- Cockpit hatches for additional ventilation in aft cabin
- Flexiteak in cockpit
- Carbon twin wheels with covers
- Techimpex converted stove (Two burner) to propane with ABYA switch
- Cockpit shower
- Isotherm cold plate refrigeration
- Boom cover
Keel and rudder
The typical IRC fin-shaped keel with a total draft of 2.18 mt is made of lead with steel and cast iron and weighs between 40% to 45% of the displacement, depending on the owner’s need. The weight remains in the lower zone by moving the center of gravity of the keel as low as possible.
The twin rudders are a suitable choice for this type of vessel and for the IRC rating system, while the tilted axes allow always effective helming and easy sailing.
- North 3Di Light Furling jib
- North 3Di Heavy Furling jib
- North 3Di Mainsail - One reef
- North Sails Code 0 Helix Furler
- Asymmetric spinnaker A2, 1/2oz Runner
- Asymmetric spinnaker A3, 3/4oz Reacher
- Pineapple sails Heavy furling jib
- Quantum Sails heavy mainsail - Two Reefs
Electronics / Electric
- Upgraded B&G electronics
- B&G wireless autopilot
- B&G 12" Chart plotter at nav station (Links to tablet or phone)
- Pioneer AM/FM/CD unit
- Inverter/Shore power/battery charger
- B&G VHF
The hull geometry and appendages are the results of numerous Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and statistical analyses using Velocity Prediction Programs (VPP) compared with various rating systems. This analysis has led to a new generation of hull with a medium light displacement for an optimal ratio between the different rating systems and between performance and sportive cruising. The particular geometry of the GS34 hull allows having very powerful waterlines, hard chine, and a wide transom, which benefit sailing downwind and when heeling. The wide stern ensures great stability of form while providing a bigger space in the cockpit and inside.
The hull and deck are built in a GRP sandwich using PVC foam of different densities; it consists of E-glass biaxial and unidirectional reinforcements impregnated with vinyl ester resin inside a female industrial mold. The hull and deck are finished in gel-coat. The deck is with antiskid. The main bulkheads are made of composite materials and all the bulkheads are laminated to the hull.
- The mast is made of aluminum with high-performance tapered profile 9/10 fractional rig, with two sweepback spreaders in order to maximize jib roach, and a 9/10 forestay.
- The standing rigging is attached to the shrouds chain plates which are located in the max hull beam, which allows the mounting of a Jib (from 28 to 32 square meters) with minimum overlap.
- Dyform rigging
- Dyneema backstay
- Harkin head stay furler
- Spinnaker Twings
- Harkin 2 to 1 Code 0 halyard shackle
- Karver Code 0 Furler
- Whisker pole
The interior layout is divided in two cabins; a large portside aft cabin and an owner cabin in the bow that can be transformed into a sail locker during the race.
Aft cabin (Owners berth) is king size. Forepeak is a double convertible for racing
|Engine Make||Yanmar Penta|
|Engine Model||D1 20|
|Drive Type||Sail Drive|
|Propeller Type||2 Blade|
|Fresh Water Tank||1 x 32 gal ()|
|Fuel Tank||1 x 18 gal ()|