Sparkman Stephens 30 & Open 30
Bluenose Yachts is Proud to Offer the Brand New Open 30 – Now Featuring a 42% Larger Cockpit than the S&S30
WE HAVE TWO IN STOCK NOW; one with a blue hull and one with a gray hull….very nice and ready to go. Voted by Sailing WORLD magazine as 2013 Boat of the Year, and judges described the S&S 30 as “untouchable”. An elegant, performance, fun and easy boat to sail. And surprisingly affordable. Call Glenn Walters for complete details – 401 855 4355
The Sparkman Stephens 30 was originated in 1935 by Olin Stephens and his design number 97 called “BABE”.BABE had a very successful race career in FL and was a design ahead of her time with a long water line, plumb bow and aggressive sail plan.
In 2005 Olin was asked what was one of his favorite designs he would like to bring back and he immediately chose design 97, called BABE.
Over the past five years, the S&S design team has worked on all of the details to reintroduce the S&S 30 with a new underbody, modern construction methods and materials and worked hard to reach a budget goal that Olin had requested.
Every client who has sailed the new BABE has remarked how easy she is to handle, stable, dry and fun to sail. You can consider older designs such as the Alerion, or the expensive Morris 29 or Morris 36, or a respectable J95 or J100, but once you test sail the S&S 30 you will notice the immediate benefits and advantages consistent with a true pedigree from one of the best yacht designers, Olin Stephens.
42% larger cockpit than S&S30.
Electric Drive or Diesel; Electric Drive is in stock for demo.
More comfortable cockpit seating.
The all new OPEN 30 was at the Newport Show which has been modified to increase the cockpit by 42% making it the largest most comfortable cockpit in any boat of 30 ft or less. We also have installed an electric drive on this model, but can be ordered with diesel as preferred. She is lying in front of my office here in Newport by Mooring Restaurant. Or we can also build the previous S&S 30 deck with more interior space and smaller cockpit as you might wish.
We have one in stock available for test sailing with an electric drive. Or we can build you one to your desired specifications.
We are the world wide distributor of the Sparkman Stephens 30 that was introduced to the USA market two years ago and was chosen by SAILING magazine as Boat of the Year in 2013.
Base boat starts at $135,000.
Price: Contact us to discuss customizing your Sparkman Stephens 30
|Sail Area||462 sqft|
Sparkman Stephens 30 CONSTRUCTION
- E-glass/vinylester hull with polymer foam core
- Solid E-glass laminate on centerline
- Molded interior liners
- Molded keel and hull structure
- External lead keel mounted to molded sump
- E-glass/vinylester deck with polymer foam core
- Core removed in areas of deck hardware and
- thru-hull fittings
Sparkman Stephens 30 PROPULSION
- (1) Yanmar 2YM15xSD20, 14hp diesel & saildrive
- (1) Yanmar fiberglass engine mount pan
- (1) Yanmar keyless B-type instrument panel with ignition switch, start/stop buttons, and alarms
- (1) Teleflex ST single lever throttle with neutral safety switch (CH2400P)
- (2) Optima D34M 12V AGM house & starting batteries
- (1) Yanmar 35A/12V alternator
- (1) Blue Sea Systems 360 12V distribution panel:
- 1- Interior Lights
- 2- Navigation Lights
- 3- Masthead/Anchor
- 4- VHF
- 5- Bilge Pump
- 6- Blower
- 7- 12V Outlet
- 8- (Stereo)
- (1) Blue Sea Systems manual battery switch All electrical wiring to be ABYC compliant
ELECTRONICS, COMMUNICATION & NAVIGATION
- (1) Ritchie Explorer bracket-mount compass with removable cover (B-51)*
- (1) Aquasignal bicolor LED bow light (32100)
- (1) Aqusignal LED stern light (32502)
- (1) Aquasignal LED mast/anchor light (32410)
- (1) Nicro Solar MiniVent 1000 (N20020)*
- (1) Laminate galley/head counter top
- (1) Scandvik stainless steel sink (10206)
- (1) Scandvik compact chrome faucet (16200)
- (1) Whale Gusher MKIII foot pump (GP0550)
- (1) Garbage bin under counter
- (1) Igloo Marine Ice Chest, 25 quart (6776)
- (1) 13-gal Todd polyethylene water tank with deck fill plate and vent, 1/4” wall thick. (85-1626WH)
- (1) 12-gal Moeller polyethylene fuel tank with vent, deck fill plate, and sending unit (032512)
- (1) Moeller electronic fuel gauge (035727-10)
- (1) Jabsco Twist’n’Lock Compact Manual Head with ceramic bowl and wood seat (29090-3000)
- (1) 6-gal Todd polyethylene holding tank with gravity overboard discharge (85-1531WH)
- (1) Whale Super Sub 650 gph automatic 12VDC bilge pump with integral switch (SS5212)
- (1) Whale Urchin manual bulkhead-mount bilge pump located near helm in cockpit (BP9013)
- (7) Thru-hull seacocks:
- Cooling water inlet
- SW flush
- BW discharge
- GW discharge
- 2 x Cockpit drains
- Bilge pump discharge
STEERING & RUDDER
- E-glass rudder with aluminum rudder post
- (1) Jefa twin self-aligning roller bearings in FRP tube (6D063)
- (1) Rudder Craft laminated wood tiller (Style A)
- All safety equipment meets USCG regulations.
- (1) Orion Coastal Locator Plus 4 signal kit, with signal flag and whistle (534)