In 1972, Tom Morris opened the doors for the Morris Yacht Company. The family runs business works in conjunction with the design firms of C.W. Paine and Sparkman & Stephens to create mid-range sailing and power yachts. Among the 16 sailing yachts listed in the Morris portfolio is the Morris M36 Daysailer. An article for Yacht Magazine described the Morris M36 as a boat with a shallow underbody, large rudder and racy fin keel with ballast bulb. The interior includes a 12-volt refrigerator and Tacktick instruments. Everything you need for a simple day of sailing. For longer trips, the Morris 51 is a high-speed, offshore cruiser with accessible class interior and white New England Style bulkheads. Also in the Morris line, you find two power yachts. The Liberty 44 is a 43-footer with Yanmar 480 hp diesels engines, a large forward cabin with centerline double berth, U-shaped dinette, a full-length settee and fiberglass hull. One owner claims the inside, while not made for dockside cocktail parties, will work for a crew spending several days at sea. Pricing for the Morris M36 new and before options at $289,000. Morris offers a brokerage service with pre-owned yachts, pricing averages around $650,000. Some units sell for as little as $250,000.
Morris Yachts remain one of the best American sailing boats you can buy when you are looking for superb workmanship, performance and grace afloat.
These listings may be centrally listed with another broker, and are offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients. It is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.[tabby title=”Why Sell with BYS?”]
We sell more, because we proactively market with:
1) Multiple yacht brokerage MLS sites,
2) Google ad words,
3) Monthly full page ads in many trade magazines,
4) Attending many boat and trade shows, and
5) Having one of the most visited web sites in this industry.
Selling your boat should be a smooth process especially if you chose the right broker and brokerage firm.
At Bluenose Yacht Sales we take pride in listing your boat. We take the time to research and understand the market, create a potential buyer profile, and aggressively market your listing with greater professionalism than many others.
Following our two page selling guide helps to prepare your boat for showings. That is the FIRST key step.
Secondly, we will discuss with you detailed reports showing what other similar boats have sold for. This is very important to understand what is a realistic selling price versus asking price.
We also like to know your timetable for selling and then collectively we will mutually agree on the best selling price we believe the market will support given your timetable and market research.
Some additional reasons why we are well suited to market and sell your boat include:
- You will receive professional quality photography.
- We will try to include video clips of your boat and we will post them to our Youtube channel.
- Check out some of our current listings to see they are well written, professional, and thorough.
- Our website has dedicated URL pages for each listing with metatags designed for search engines.
- We can send you monthly reports of showings and activity combined with advice on market value.
- We will strategize with you on suggestions to maximize your selling price while reducing your selling time.
- Our website advertising, print media, and nationwide relationships are very extensive.
- Finally, we will be sure the final transaction is smooth and properly documented.