|Location||Norfolk, Virginia, United States|
INDEPENDENCE is the finest and most recent example of the renowned Frers-designed Hylas 70, current flagship of the popular and highly respected Hylas Yacht Series, built to the highest standards on a semi-custom basis. Fully automated push-button sail handling systems allow for easy shorthanded sailing, and her long list of additional options includes air, generator, bow/stern thrusters, water maker and an extensive package of navigation and entertainment electronics. Since her launch in late 2015, INDEPENDENCE has seen only light use and has proven to be a fast, safe and extremely comfortable world cruiser with an excellent four-cabin layout, ideal for both private use or charter. She is like new with low hours and is now available at a fraction of replacement cost.
Has Hull ID: Yes
Boat Hull ID: HSY70015D515
Designer: German Frers
Builder: Hylas Yachts
LOA: 76' 0''
Length of deck: 76' 0''
LWL: 68' 0''
Beam: 18' 0''
Maximum Draft: 8' 0''
Ballast: 28980.0 lbs
Displacement: 84175.0 lbs
Rope Cutter: true
Propeller Type: 4 Blade
Engine Hours: 1240
Engine Power: 260hp
Water Tanks: 1
Water Tank Capacity: 400 gal
Water Tank Material: GRP
Fuel Tanks: 1
Fuel Tank Capacity: 700 gal
Fuel Tank Material: Stainless Steel
Holding Tank Count: 1
Holding Tank Capacity: 135 gal
Holding Tank Material: GRP
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 4
Windlass Type: Hydraulic
INDEPENDENCE features the standard four-cabin layout with three en-suite owner/guest cabins, plus an additional en-suite crew/guest cabin.
Finely crafted solid teak joiner work is finished to a high level throughout the interior, including solid teak raised-panel cabin doors, fully louvered cabinet doors, solid teak trim and custom table tops. Cabin soles are bamboo with teak inlays and custom locking mechanisms. Head and shower areas are all painted white Awlgrip and feature Blue Pearl granite vanity tops, solid Corian sinks and molded floors. Hanging lockers are lined with cedar and feature automatic lights. White fabric headliner with Oceanair hatch screens/blinds throughout. Upholstery is custom leatherette, with a very comprehensive and tasteful d cor package including various accent throws in each cabin: custom duvets and comforters, fitted mattress covers, custom mattress pads, pillows and (2) sets fitted sheets with high thread count.
FORWARD GUEST STATEROOM:
Beginning forward is a private VIP stateroom with a queen-sized berth and significant storage space, including two large hanging lockers, drawers and several cabinets. There are two hull windows and a large deck hatch. An en-suite head is forward, along with a shower stall shared with the port guest cabin.
PORT GUEST STATEROOM:
Forward of the main salon and to port is the second guest cabin, featuring a generous double berth, hanging locker and multiple drawers and lockers. There are three opening portholes and a large deck hatch. A head and shower stall is across the passageway.
The main salon is quite spacious for a vessel of this size, due in part to her generous 18 beam and generous headroom. A large L-settee is to port, with a custom teak table with beautiful compass rose inlay that can be raised or lowered by a manual lift. Two custom seats are inboard, with anchors for tie-down while underway to provide comfortable seating for six. To starboard is a full-length settee with a coffee table with inlay. The entire space feels light and open due to two large deck hatches, expansive deck house windows and two hull windows.
Aft and to starboard is an L-shaped navigation station with easy access to the cockpit. There is a comfortable pedestal swivel chair along with built-in backlit switch panels, navigation instruments and remote control panels for the water maker and tank monitors. The workspace also includes a chart table with compass rose inlay.
Further aft and to port is a spacious galley that is fully equipped for comfortable living at sea or on anchor. There are several well-thought-out storage lockers for glass, dinnerware and appliances. Some of the many features include:
- Blue Pearl granite countertops
- (2) Custom stainless sinks
- Twin Frigoboat stainless steel front-opening DC refrigerator units
- (4) Vitrifrigo refrigerator and freezer drawers
- OceanChef XL 5-burner propane stove with dual oven burners
- GE Advantium convection/microwave oven
- Fisher Paykel dishwasher drawer
- Broan trash compactor
- Wine cooler
- Coffee and espresso machines
- Full complement of dishes, glasses, cutlery, galleyware etc.
- (3) Opening portholes for exceptional light and ventilation
CREW QUARTERS/GUEST CABIN:
A passageway leads aft along the starboard side to the owner s cabin with a roomy fourth cabin outboard quite suitable for crew or guests -- with over/under berths, plus a private head with shower. There are (2) opening portholes, plus (1) in the head.
The owner's private stateroom is located aft and features a comfortable 66 berth on centerline, with large countertops and storage outboard each side. There are (2) large hanging lockers with several drawers and cabinets. Extended beam is carried well aft to create a spacious, open cabin accentuated by a deck hatch and (6) opening portholes. A private head with separate shower stall and (2) opening portholes is found along the port side.
- Raymarine GS2 Lighthouse II 12" touch screen displays at each helm, forward cockpit and nav station with multiple chart cartridges
- (3) Raymarine i70 multi-function displays above companionway with (1) additional i70 display at each helm
- Raymarine autopilot with remote at nav station
- ICOM M-506 VHF at nav station with remote at helm
- ICOM M-73 handheld VHF
- ICOM M-802 SSB with auto tuner and insulated backstay antenna
- KVH Tracphone high-speed satellite telephone and data system
- Inmarsat iSat phone with two handheld units
- Sirius offshore weather
- Hailer/PA system
- Flat screen smart TVs in main salon, master cabin and VIP cabin, with individual controls
- Direct TV satellite system and Apple TV
- Bose surround-sound system with amplifier and speakers throughout, including cockpit and aft deck
- 12/24 Volt DC and 110 Volt AC electrical systems with custom panels at nav station
- Northern Lights 12 kW generator (1,250 hours as of October, 2018)
- (2) Mastervolt 80/24 Volt amp battery chargers
- (1) Mastervolt 12 Volt battery charger
- Mastervolt 4,000 watt inverter
- 110 amp transmission-driven alternator in addition to std. 70 amp engine alternator
- 24 Volt AGM house batteries, 800 AH
- Engine, generator and 12 Volt house batteries
- (2) 50 amp/240 Volt shore inlets with cables and multiple adapters
- TV/phone inlet
- Electrical bonding system including (2) 3 copper strips bow to stern each side
- 12 Volt plugs in cockpit and at nav station
- Cabin fans at each berth and in main salon, galley and heads
- Exhaust blowers for all heads
- Rope accent foot lighting throughout
- Imtra LED low-power/high-output dimmable lighting throughout
- Mast uplights, spreader lights, foredeck light, nav lights and masthead tri-color
Engine / Mechanical Equipment
- Yanmar 6BY- 260 hp diesel engine (1,240 hours as of October, 2018) with dripless shaft seal, shaft isolation coupler and Maxi 4-blade feathering propeller
- Shaft cutters and line deflector for rudder
- Dual Racor fuel filters with bypass valves for fuel polishing
- Mamba mechanical steering system
- Engine room blower
- Electric oil change pump for main engine and generator
- Fireboy automatic engine room fire extinguisher
- Sidepower 24 Volt bow and stern thrusters
- CruisAir reverse-cycle air conditioning with (4) zones 65,000 BTU total
- VacuFlush automatic toilets with electric fresh water flush and custom controls
- Pressurized fresh water with dual pumps
- Seaward 18-gallon hot water heater
- Seagull IV-X6 water filtration system plumbed to all cold water taps
- (2) Fiberglass black water tanks with custom monitor panel, and (3) gray water collectors all with automatic pump-out
- Custom Wema monitor panels for easy fuel and water tank level management
- Bosch washer and dryer units
- Spectra 1000 watermaker, rated at 42 GPH
- Twin automatic electric bilge pumps with high water alarm, plus lazarette pump with alarm
- (2) Manual bilge pumps
- Anchor wash down pump (fresh and salt water)
- Hot/cold shower at transom
- (2) 20 lb. propane tanks and regulator in ventilated deck locker
Sails And Rigging
- Selden three-spreader aluminum rig with in-mast furling
- Furlex hydraulic genoa and staysail furlers
- Harken Hydra 2 hydraulic system to power furlers and winches
- Navtec rod standing rigging
- Running backstays
- Navtec hydraulic boom vang and split backstay controls
- Boom preventer built-in with controls in cockpit
- Lewmar mainsheet traveler system
- Doyle radial furling mainsail with vertical battens
- Doyle radial 135% furling genoa with tan sun shield
- Doyle Dacron furling staysail with tan sun shield
- Antal W 80 hydraulic self-tailing primary winches
- Antal W 66 hydraulic self-tailing mainsheet and outhaul winches
- Antal W 66 hydraulic self-tailing staysail/runner winches
- Antal W 44 self-tailing traveler control winches
- Antal W 52 self-tailing genoa and staysail halyard winches at mast
Solid hand-laid Twaron-reinforced fiberglass hull using Vinylester resins and Isophthalic gelcoat with epoxy barrier coating. Balanced spade rudder with partial skeg for optimal performance, strength and protection. There are watertight collision bulkheads aft of forepeak locker and forward of aft lazarette. White gelcoat topsides, blue cove stripe, double blue boot stripes and black bottom. Teak rub rail with stainless striker.
Fiberglass with balsa core and solid laminate in areas of deck hardware, white gelcoat and teak decks and cabin top. Modern transom with molded-in steps, swim platform and built-in swim ladder. There is a transom garage door that opens for easy access to extensive storage space with custom shelving, along with large corner lazarette lockers each side, accessible on the aft deck. On the foredeck there is a deep forepeak locker with line hangers and a separate split chain locker forward.
Bare teak toe rails and hand rails, with all stainless deck hardware, including (7) low-profile stainless hatches, (4) flush teak hatches, (18) opening portholes, (2) cowl vents, Antal genoa tracks and cars, Harken turning blocks, mooring cleats etc.
One of the many highlights of the Hylas 70 design is the spacious cockpit with twin helm stations for easy access from the aft deck and great visibility while steering. The cockpit area was designed to maximize seating for ten comfortably around a beautiful varnished 6 teak table with drop-leaves and built-in drink cooler. The twin helms are designed for short-handed sailing, with all hydraulic sail controls within easy reach.
- Lewmar hydraulic anchor windlass with remote at helm
- Stainless stemhead with dual anchor rollers
- Roca 88 lb. anchor with 300 7/16 chain
- Delta 80 lb. anchor with 30 1/2 chain and nylon rode
- Megabraid chain snubber
- Stern pulpit extended to side gates with built-in teak seats aft with cushion each side
- Dodger and bimini (tan), with oversized 1-1/4 S/S frame, clear connector, helm windows, full enclosures and side shade awnings
- Adjustable white and blue lighting wired into bimini
- Cockpit cushions with backrest cushions
- Helm cushions with backrest bolsters
- Ritchie 6 compass at each pedestal with stainless grab bars
- Teak cockpit sole and seat tops
- Covers for cockpit table, winches and dinghy
- Cup holders throughout
- Varnished teak companionway hatch slides with padded storage bag
- Teak/stainless side-boarding ladder
- Simpson 300 dinghy davits with electric hoist
- AB 12 aluminum hull center console dinghy with Evinrude 30 hp V-TEC motor
- (8) Fenders (4 inflatable) and dock lines
- Numerous mechanical, electrical and rigging spares
- Various tools and related equipment
- Winslow 8 man life raft in valise
- Ditch bag with EPIRB, supplies
- Jonbuoy MOM
- (2) Horseshoe life rings
- Sea anchor
- Life jackets
- (4) Safety harnesses
- Flare kit
- Medical kit
- Electronic fog horn
- Forward facing waterproof wide-angle camera on pulpit
- GOST comprehensive security system with three remote surveillance cameras, infra-red sensor, pressure pads and hatch alarms
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.