|Location||Annapolis, Maryland, United States|
The owners of Minot have just authorized a major price reduction on this amazing yacht just in time for the 2018 sailing season! This stunningly beautiful Passport Vista 585 Twin Cockpit is the latest addition to the world famous Passport family of semi-custom yachts. Quality and class flow through every inch of the new Passport Vista 585 TC. Our unsurpassed experience in building some of the world s finest bluewater cruising sailboats, combined with the talents of leading designer Bill Dixon, have created a superb center cockpit, shoal draft, high performance, open ocean capable yacht of the highest caliber.
Most importantly, however, careful assessment of this Passport 585 s overall build quality relative to her price will represent to any buyer a remarkably unparalleled value in today s market when comparing her to any of today s other high-end yacht builders. Minot is in essentially new condition and she is worth a look for any discerning buyer.
A twin steering system combined with a double helm and well-contained cockpit adds an extra degree of safety for both crew and guests. The carefully engineered access cockpit leads directly astern to a reverse transom with built in steps to a large boarding platform and easy water access, directly forward to a spacious teak dining table that easily seats 8 and houses plenty of storage along with a built in cooler space, and directly to the port or starboard deck for unimpeded access to both decks as well as dock and launch access. Despite her size, Minot has never required captained use and can be easily sailed from the cockpit and handled by a two person crew. All controls are available within easy reach of both helms, and all relevant instruments, including repeaters, have been carefully placed within easy sight and access as well.
As with all Passport yachts, each is designed to meet the lifestyle characteristics of every individual owner and their family. Minot has been designed as a capable, ocean going blue water offshore yacht that can handle a large family. She is extremely well appointed with handcrafted wood inlays, all imaginable luxuries, state of the art instrumentation, and mechanical equipment, and her carefully considered 4 stateroom configuration, shoal draft, reinforced hull, and high aspect carbon fiber rig were specifically designed to enable safe but high performance sailing in both far offshore as well as gunk-holing conditions. This Passport Vista 585TC is truly a masterpiece.
Model: Vista 585 Twin Cockpit
Designer: Bill Dixon
Keel Type: Fin Keel
LOA: 58' 0''
LWL: 53' 0''
Beam: 24' 0''
Maximum Draft: 6' 0''
Minimum Draft: 6' 0''
Dry Weight: 67774.51 lbs
Ballast: 22000.0 lbs
Engine Power: 180hp
Water Tanks: 1
Water Tank Capacity: 250 gal
Water Tank Material: Stainless Steel
Fuel Tanks: 1
Fuel Tank Capacity: 280 gal
Fuel Tank Material: Aluminum
Holding Tank Count: 2
Holding Tank Capacity: 20 gal
Holding Tank Material: Other
Solid fiberglass hull, hand laminated, using Knytex knitted and stitched biaxial fiberglass fabrics in conjunction with mat and woven roving with 100% Vinylester resin.
Kevlar reinforcement in hull layup.
Isopthalic gelcoat applied on all exterior fiberglass surfaces.
A matrix of longitudinal and transverse foam cored stringers in the lower hull and hull sides provides maximum stiffness.
Watertight bulkhead forward, aft of chain locker.
Internal lead ballast glassed into modified fin keel with bulb..
Balanced skeg rudder, with internal stainless steel rudder post and integral stainless steel reinforcement.
The deck under structure is a composite construction using closed cell foam coring overlayed by the most advanced technology in teak deck throughout the boat.
All deck hardware areas are reinforced using high density closed cell foam.
There is no organic coring to insure care free long life.
All deck hardware is through bolted using stainless steel backing plates.
Safe, double walk through interior design enabling open floor plan, maximal access and ease of movement.
Below decks is a beautifully appointed four cabin two head layout using the finest solid cherry and cherry veneer.
As with all Passports, the interior has been completely customized to suit its intended usage and lifestyle. Over the years, Passport's hallmark has been to create very individualized custom interiors for each of its clients and as such no two Passports are exactly alike; Minot is no exception. Her interior was designed with comfort, privacy, hospitality, and convenience in mind. Forward there is a spacious guest stateroom with a V shaped berth for two singles that converts to an oversized king berth for a couple. There are two hanging lockers, large drawers and overhead lockers. Aft of the forward stateroom is another stateroom to starboard. This stateroom has a double berth two very large drawers under the berth, a large hanging locker, and end table with drawers. Above is a pull-out single berth. Directly opposite to port is the guest bath with a large shower stall, granite vanity top, stainless steel sink, designer faucets, fresh and saltwater flush electric toilet, mirrored lockers, and drawers. The main saloon has an expansive dining area with a large cherry wood table with custom inlaid compass rose atop a custom stainless steel base. A fixed, but removable bench sits centerline at the table and a very large settee curves around the large dining table. This raised saloon area offers lots of light and a view through the large tinted wrap around windows or through the two hull ports. It can easily seat a family of 8 for any meal, and the room is equipped with custom cabinetry which houses the latest in Bose stereo entertainment, including a surround sound system, DVD player, I-pod device, and Satellite TV access. Two comfortable chairs are to port with an end table between. The forward chair also faces forward to an easily accessible and tastefully appointed navigation station, where multiple relevant instrument repeaters can be found, Chelsea brass clock and barometer, separate common use electrical panel, and navigation table with custom inlay of Minot half model. Adjacent to the nav table is also a hanging locker designed for out of sight storage and easy access of fishing rods and reels. Immediately aft of the nav station are two built in lounge chairs centered around a tasteful game console with custom wood cabinetry, inlaid wood chess/checker table, and adjacent custom covered ice maker.
There are large storage lockers and cabinets outboard port and starboard and storage beneath and behind the settees.The cushions are upholstered in Ultra Leather. A large flat screen smart TV is mounted on the main bulk head for easy viewing from the saloon and galley. The custom stepped companionway can be easily moved to access the battery bank below a custom honeycomb teak grate, as well as the lowest part of the bilge designed to enable someone to climb into and stand on if necessary. There is also forward entry into the engine room here when necessary, along with a custom wood wine rack for stored bottles. Immediately adjacent to the companionway is a custom hanging wet locker for all rain gear and other immediate need equipment that can be reached from the cockpit.
To port and aft of the chairs is the combination fourth stateroom and workroom. A long cushioned berth is purposefully covered below the cushion by a stainless steel liner to facilitate offshore marine repair work when necessary. Storage lockers outboard flank the berth, along with instrumentation for the generator and an auxiliary AC/DC electrical panel. Below the berth/worktable is a combination washer-dryer, storage cabinets,and abundant drawers.
Opposite and centerline to this stateroom can be found the double door opening walk in engine and mechanical room.This easily entered and accessed room was carefully designed to enable ready engine and mechanical repair and inspection, and is a joy to work in. Most necessary equipment has been placed in directly line of site and immediate access, along with custom step and stainless grab rail. The room houses not only the180hp Volvo diesel engine but also the 10KW Mase generator, electrical panels, fuel and water manifolds, and Fireboy system.
To starboard off the main saloon is the modern fully functional walk-thru gourmet galley with excellent lighting via an in hull centered port, excellent ventilation via well placed stainless coach roof opening ports, custom granite wrap around countertops with backsplash to avoid water damage from spills, and all stainless appliances including a full stand-up refrigerator, microwave oven, built in freezer dishwasher, LPG stove with oven, trash compactor, built-in espresso machine,custom silverware drawer, and lockers for stemware.
Centered aft is a palatial owner's stateroom, with a king size centerline berth. There are two large hanging lockers, an upholstered seat and desk to port and a vanity with mirror with swing out seat to starboard and lots of cabinets and drawers. To port can be found a business work station and built in desk, accompanied by a built in hidden safe to aft. Excellent lighting and ventilation, as can be found throughout the boat, are afforded here by in hull ports, opening coach roof ports, and hatches. Custom Chelsea wall clock, barometer, and temperature highlight the forward wall within easy view of the occupants. The in-suite private bath has a granite top vanity, lighted vanity mirrored cabinets, electric toilet, and a large walk in shower stall with custom teak seating. Bulkheads are marine plywood tabbed to hull sides and deck.
- Cherry veneer and solid cherry trim on interior bulkheads and cabinetry.
- Cherry cabin doors with louvers.
- Custom cherry navigation station with custom seating.
- Vanity in aft stateroom with upholstered swing-out seat
- Cherry ceilings on exposed hull sides.
- Cherry handrails port and starboard, stainless steel handrail on centerline.
- Removable vinyl covered overhead panels.
- Solid Teak and holly cabin sole, and custom cherry highlights to each hatch.
- Removable locking floorboards with stainless steel hardware.
- Chrome and stainless hardware on lockers and doors.
- Granite counter tops in galley and wash rooms.
- Custom cushions covered in ultra-leather fabric.
The gourmet galley features granite counter tops, stainless steel full sized refrigerator, dishwasher, trash compactor, convection microwave oven, double stainless steel sinks, pantry, and built-in expresso machine.
- Frigoboat built-in upright, stainless steel refrigerator and a Counter height front and top opening foam insulated freezer, both with Frigoboat Keel Cooler system.
- Digital thermostats with temperature gauge for both refrigerator and freezer.
- Force 10 three-burner stainless steel propane stove/oven.
- Fisher Paykel Dishwasher.
- Raritan Icerette Icemaker.
- Broan trash compactor.
- Stainless steel lined stove area.
- Stainless steel stove safety bar.
- Trident LPG solenoid and regulator.
- Two 20# LPG tanks (new 2013).
- Custom deep double stainless steel sinks.
- Built-in microwave oven.
- Broan trash compactor.
- Large Pantry with shelves.
- Numerous drawers and lockers.
- Custom granite countertops.
- RayMarine ST-70 sailing instruments to include depth, speed, and wind direction.
- RayMarine ST6001 autopilot control with 24 VDC Type X30 core pack.
- Jefa geared hydraulic autopilot drive.
- Icom VHF radio with masthead antenna.
- Ram mike at helm.
- Two 6" Ritchie Globemaster compasses with cover.
- Two RayMarine E120 Wide Radar Chart Plotters, one at each helm.
- Raymarine E80 wide Radar Chart Plotter at navigation station.
- 4KW Digital Radome and WAAS GPS antenna with mast mount.
- ST-70 Autopilot control head at helm.
- Two ST-70 multi-functional displays in NavPod above companionway.
- One ST-60 Plus Graphic Display at navigation station.
- One ST-60 Plus Graphic Display at in aft stateroom.
- AIS 500 system integrated into Raymarine system.
- Sirius SR100 weather module.
- DSM 300 sounder box and B258 transducer.
- Omni-directional and Digital TV Antenna.
- KVH M3DX satellite television and custom antenna mount.
- Category II with Manual Release GlobalFix PRO EPIRB
- MOM 8
- Raytheon Fishfinder
Sails And Rigging
All sails are hydraulically operated roller furling. The inner working jib is self tacking requiring no use of the electric primary winches which are intended for the sheeting of the off the wind or reaching using the forward sail.
- Custom Hall carbon fiber high aspect rig.
- Custom Leisure Furl built carbon fiber hydraulic boom with inset lighting for cockpit, aft transom and lounge family area.
- Five halyards: main, genoa-1, genoa-2, spinnaker and topping lift, led internally.
- Harken Mark IV Hydraulic Genoa (front sail) furler.
- Harken Mark IV Hydraulic Jib furler.
- Harken 24 volt hydraulic furling system for sail furlers and windlass.
- Hydraulic system for boom vang.
- Flag halyards at spreaders.
- LED mast head tricolor and anchor light.
- Deck and steaming lights.
- Masthead mounted Windex.
- 316 stainless steel rod rigging.
- Harken blocks for sheets and halyards.
- Harken self tending track and cars for solent rigged working jib.
- Harken genoa towing cars.
- 2 - Two-speed #74.2 STEL12H electric primary winches.
- 1 - Two speed #60.2 STEL12H electric jib sheet and utility winch.
- 1 - Two speed #48.2 STEL12H electric halyard/utility winch.
- 2 - Two-speed #44.2 STC secondary/running back winches.
- 1 - Two-speed #53.2 STEL12H electric Main sheet winch.
- 1 - Two-speed #32.2 STC traveler control winch.
- 2 - Two-speed #53.2 STC halyard winches on mast.
- 2 - 10" locking winch handles.
- Quantum 1,010 sq. ft. Fusion M Carbon/Vectran mainsail.
- Quantum Code Zero reacher.
- Quantum Fusion M. Carbon/Vectran working jib
- Custom Sunbrella dodger and bimini with polycarbonite forward panels.
- Coordinating cockpit, helm and aft seating cushions in Sunbrella.
- Custom embroidered "143" on mainsail (Minot's Light).
Deck And Hull
This breathtaking recent hull design by Bill Dixon for Passport Yachts features a raised deck house yet keeps a sleek, low profile and emphasizes easy transit with walk through fore, aft, port and starboard. A spacious, comfortable cockpit is complimented by twin helm steering stations and an equally uncluttered aft deck seating and entertainment area that doubles as a wonderful family swim, gathering and fishing area at sea or at anchor. The large after deck also affords several spacious storage compartments below. A step down transom with custom stainless steel swim ladder and platform makes for easy walk up boarding. Minot is in every way a truly a modern world-class cruising yacht.
- Two Edson carbon fiber steering wheels.
- Teak side decks.
- Solid Teak cap rail.
- Eight 316 stainless steel mooring cleats.
- 1.25 316 stainless steel bow and stern pulpits.
- 1.25 316 stainless steel 34 stanchions with custom bases.
- 316 stainless steel boarding gates port and starboard.
- 316 stainless steel upper and lower lifelines.
- Stainless steel deck and cockpit drains.
- 316 stainless steel cowl vents with cover plates mounted on FRP dorade boxes.
- 316 stainless steel cowl vent guards.
- Seven overhead hatches with screens.
- Eighteen Hood stainless steel opening ports with safety glass and screens.
- Six 18 fixed hull ports.
- Contoured tinted laminated glass saloon windows.
- Harken aluminum genoa and jib tracks with cars.
- Harken ball bearing traveler system with control lines and hardware for main sheet.
- Harken ball bearing traveler system for working jib.
- Two Harken deck organizers.
- Spinlock sheet stoppers in cockpit.
- Fiberglass LPG storage compartment for two 20# tanks.
- Large teak cockpit table with insulated FRP box.
- 316 stainless companionway sliding hatch with acrylic insert.
- Custom 316 stainless steel vertical companionway sliding door with acrylic insert.
- Teak grate over cockpit well at companionway.
- Custom stainless steel laminated glass windshield.
- Ultra 88# stainless steel anchor.
- 250' 3/8" HT chain.
- Two independent windlasses, one operated from the helm or bow.
- Deck wash down systems fore and aft.
- MOM 8 and rail mount extension kit.
- 24 volt D/C house electrical system.
- 12 volt D/C sub-system for sailing instruments and navigation lights.
- 10KW Mase generator.
- Helm mounted eight position waterproof switch panel for navigation and exterior lights.
- 50 amp / 250 volt A/C shore power inlet.
- Isolation transformer.
- Victron Centaur 24v / 100 amp battery charger.
- Victron Centaur 12v / 20 amp battery charger.
- 24 volt 120 volt A/C output 5000 watt inverter.
- 110-volt outlets throughout.
- 110-volt GFI outlets in both heads and galley.
- A/C and D/C electrical wiring conduits.
- Eight 12 volt AGM marine batteries for the house bank
- Two AGM bow thruster batteries.
- One AGM engine start batteries (new 2012).
- One AGM generator start battery (new 2012).
- 12 volt D/C alternator for charging engine and genset batteries.
- Balmar 24 Volt D/C Alternator with Max Charge regulator for charging house batteries.
- Remote battery on-off switches.
- Automatic charge relay for thruster battery bank.
- Victron BMV-600 battery monitoring system for house bank.
- Five Cruisair air conditioning units totaling 60,000 BTU.
- 80,000 BTU Thermo 230 Webasto heating system.
- Internal bonding system to all chain plates, thru hulls, engine and rudder system to zap zinc.
- Custom cabin lighting with dimmer switches.
- Interior courtesy lights at floor level.
- Exterior courtesy lights in three cockpits and bulwarks.
- Engine room and lazarette lights.
- Chart table light.
- Running lights to international rule.
- Seven 24 volt 6" cabin fans.
- 12 volt D/C outlet in cockpit and navigation station.
- 180 HP electronically controlled Volvo marine diesel engine.
- Aquadrive system.
- Flexible engine mounts.
- Large engine room with automatic built in Fireboy fire extinguisher system
- Racor 75500 MAX2 dual fuel filters system.
- Engine alarm systems.
- Foam and vinyl insulated engine room.
- 24 Volt exhaust fan in engine room.
- Raw water strainer for engine intake.
- Scot Anti-siphon valve for engine.
- Muffler/water lock system with water separator.
- Bronze shaft strut with cutlass bearing.
- Varifold 26 diameter folding propeller mounted on 2 stainless steel propeller shaft.
- Shaft Shark line cutter.
- Drip less stuffing box.
- Jefa torque tube transmission steering system.
- Dual pedestals.
- Single lever engine control.
- Dual 40 carbon steering wheels.
- Emergency steering system with tiller.
- Bronze rudder shoe and rudder bearing.
- Side Power Bow Thruster with twin counter-rotating propellers and joy stick control.
- Racor 500 MA fuel filter system for generator.
- Waterlock muffler with water separator for generator.
- Raw water strainer for generator intake.
- Scot Anti-siphon valve for generator.
- Tank monitoring system for all tanks.
- Twenty gallon hot water heater.
- Hot and cold pressure water system.
- Two Jabsco Sensor Max fresh water pumps.
- Scandvik faucets in galley and heads.
- Scandvik transom mounted hot and cold pressure water shower.
- Two galley floor pumps, salt and fresh water.
- Large stainless steel double sink in galley.
- Two large heads with shower.
- Stainless steel sinks in each head.
- Rule shower drain system.
- Two Raritan fresh water flush electric toilets.
- FRP holding tank in each head with stainless steel deck pump out and provision for direct overboard discharge via gravity feed, where permitted.
- Bronze ball cocks/thru hull fittings bonded to ships system.
- Rule 3700 24-volt bilge pump (upper).
- Rule mercury free float switch.
- Rule #41 three-way panel lighted switch.
- Rule #12 24-volt 2000 electric bilge pump (lower).
- Rule-A-Matic float switch and guard.
- Rule #41 three-way panel lighted switch.
- Rule #98-24 pump system in forward lazarette.
- Whale universal manual bilge pump.
- Jabsco 24 volt deck wash-down pump.
- Fuel, water, and holding tank gauges with display unit.
- Deck wash-down hoses fore and aft.
- Fuel: 510 gallons in 3 aluminum tanks
- Fresh Water: 425 gallons in 2 stainless steel tanks
- Gray Water: 66 gallons in one fiberglass tank
- Holding: 50 gallons in 2 fiberglass tanks
- Hot Water: 20 gallons
Custom Bose stereo entertainment system including remote access and easy listening for main salon, aft stateroom, galley and cockpit.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.