Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/bluenos3/public_html/custom-php/ListingDetail.php on line 53
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland, United States|
VOO DOO is a fine example of the Frers-designed Hylas 70, current flagship of the popular and highly respected Hylas Yacht Series, built on a semi-custom basis to the highest standards. Fully automated push-button sail handling systems allow for easy shorthanded sailing, and her long list of additional options includes air, generator, bow thruster, water maker and an extensive package of navigation and entertainment electronics. Since her launch in 2012, VOO DOO has proven to be a fast, safe and extremely comfortable world cruiser with an excellent four-cabin layout, ideal for both private use (as done with current owner) or charter. Inspections are highly recommended.
Designer: German Frers
Builder: Hylas Yachts
LOA: 76' 0''
Length of deck: 76' 0''
LWL: 68' 0''
Beam: 18' 0''
Minimum Draft: 7' 6''
Ballast: 28980.0 lbs
Displacement: 84175.0 lbs
Drive Type: Direct
Propeller Type: 4 Blade, Bronze
Engine Hours: 5200
Engine Power: 260hp
Water Tanks: 1
Water Tank Capacity: 400 gal
Water Tank Material: Plastic
Fuel Tanks: 1
Fuel Tank Capacity: 700 gal
Fuel Tank Material: Stainless Steel
Holding Tank Count: 1
Holding Tank Capacity: 135 gal
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 4
Drive Type: Direct
Total Liferaft Capacity: 8
Windlass Type: Hydraulic
VOO DOO features the standard four-cabin layout with three ensuite owner/guest cabins, plus an additional ensuite crew/guest cabin.
Finely crafted solid teak joinerwork is finished to a high level throughout the interior, including solid teak raised-panel cabin doors, fully louvered or latticed cabinet doors, double grooved fiddles and burled table tops. Cabin soles are satin finished teak with custom locking mechanisms and fitted carpets. Head and shower areas are all painted white Awlgrip and feature Corian vanity tops, solid Corian sinks and molded floors. Hanging lockers are lined with cedar and feature automatic lights. White fabric headliner with Oceanair hatch screens/blinds throughout. Upholstery is custom leather, with tasteful bedding, towels and other d cor throughout.
FORWARD GUEST STATEROOM:
Beginning forward is a private VIP stateroom with a king-sized berth, settee and significant storage space, including a large hanging locker, drawers and several cabinets. There are two hull windows and a large deck hatch. An ensuite head is forward, along with a shower stall shared with the port guest cabin.
PORT GUEST STATEROOM:
Forward of the main salon and to port is the second guest cabin, featuring a generous double berth, hanging locker and multiple drawers and lockers. There are three opening portholes and a large deck hatch. A head and shower stall is across the passageway.
VOO DOO s main salon is quite spacious for a vessel of this size, due in part to her generous 18 beam. A large L-settee is to port, with a beautiful burled table that expands as needed to accommodate six comfortably, and can be raised or lowered by a manual lift. Two custom seats are inboard with anchors for tie-down while underway. To starboard is a full-length settee with burled table, an Avanti built-in wine cooler and an up/down flat screen TV hidden from view behind. The entire space feels light and open due to (2) large deck hatches, teak-trimmed and custom tinted deck house windows and two hull windows.
Aft and to starboard is an L-shaped navigation station with easy access to the cockpit. There is a comfortable pedestal chair along with built-in backlit switch panels, navigation instruments and remote control panels for the water maker and tank monitors. The workspace also includes a chart table with custom storage for computer and (in adjacent cabin) a printer.
Further aft and to port is a long walk-through galley that is fully equipped for comfortable living at sea or on anchor. There are several well thought out storage lockers for glass, dinnerware and appliances including a full pantry. Some of the many features include:
- Granite countertops
- (2) Custom stainless sinks
- Twin Frigoboat stainless steel front-opening DC refrigerator units (can be used as freezer units), upper unit new (2019)
- Frigoboat top/front opening DC freezer compartment
- U-line icemaker (2015)
- Force 10 3-burner propane stove with oven and stainless cover
- GE Advantium convection/microwave oven (2014)
- Fisher Paykel dishwasher drawer
- Broan trash compactor
- Coffee and espresso machines
- Full complement of dishes, glasses, cutlery, galleyware etc.
- (4) Opening portholes for exceptional light and ventilation
CREW QUARTERS/GUEST CABIN:
A passageway leads aft along the starboard side to the owner s cabin with a roomy fourth cabin outboard quite suitable for crew or guests -- with over/under berths, plus a private head with shower. There are (2) opening portholes, plus (1) in the head.
The owner's private stateroom is located aft and features a large 66 berth on centerline, and a seat and desk to port and a settee to starboard. There are (2) large hanging lockers, (10) drawers and numerous cabinets. Extended beam is carried well aft to create a spacious, open cabin accentuated by twin hull port lights, a deck hatch and (6) opening portholes. A private head with separate shower stall and (2) opening portholes is found along the port side, with a passageway forward to the galley that can be opened when desired.
- Raymarine 48 nm HD color radar and chart plotter with hybrid touch screens including (2) E90W displays at helm pedestals and E 120W display at nav station, with spare E90 display in storage
- (2) Raystar 125 WAAS GPS sensors
- Raymarine AIS 650 transmitter/receiver
- Raymarine sailing instruments with ST60 speed, wind and depth displays in cockpit and ST60 graphic display in port fwd. cabin
- Raymarine ST 6002 autopilot with remote at nav station, plus wireless remote
- ICOM 604A VHF with command mic and hailer
- ICOM M-802 SSB with auto tuner and insulated backstay antenna
- Cell phone mast head antenna, amplifier and wireless repeater
- KVH FB250 sat phone
- KVH M7 Tracvision Sat TV system
- Main salon widescreen 32 Samsung TV with lift to hide from view
- Samsung 26 flat screen TV in owner s cabin
- Samsung 19 flat screen TV s in each double guest cabin forward
- Bose Lifestyle 38 surround sound stereo/CD/DVD system in main salon, also feeding (4) Bose speakers in cockpit powered by twin amplifiers
- Independent JVC stereo/CD/DVD players, speakers and audio amplifiers in each cabin
- 12/24 Volt DC and 110 Volt AC electrical systems with custom panels at nav station
- Northern Lights 16 kW generator (new 2015 6,670 hours as of June, 2010. 5,000-hr service recently completed.)
- (2) Mastervolt 80/24 Volt amp battery chargers
- (1) Mastervolt 12 Volt battery charger
- Mastervolt 4,000 watt inverter
- Balmar 220 amp/24 volt alternator in addition to std. 70 amp
- Eight 24 Volt AGM house batteries, 1000 AH (new, 2016)
- Engine, generator and 12 Volt house batteries (new 2015)
- (2) 50 amp/240 Volt shore inlets with cables and multiple adapters
- (2) 32 amp/220 Volt European shore inlets with cables
- Victron 15 KVA isolation transformer able to handle shore power anywhere in the world
- TV/phone inlet
- Electrical bonding system including (2) 3 copper strips bow to stern each side
- 12 Volt plugs in cockpit and at nav station
- Cabin fans at each berth and in main salon, galley and heads
- Exhaust blowers for all heads
- Rope accent foot lighting throughout
- (3) Underwater lights at transom
- Transom LED stair lighting
- LED navigation lights
Engine/ Mechanical Equipment
- Yanmar 6BY- 260 hp diesel with dripless shaft seal, shaft isolation coupler and Maxi 4-blade feathering propeller
- 5,000-hour engine service April 2018, including heat exchanger, turbo, aftercooler and new cutlass bearings
- Shaft cutters and line deflector for rudder
- Dual Racor fuel filters with bypass valves for fuel polishing
- Mamba mechanical steering system
- Engine room blower
- Electric oil change pump for main engine and generator
- Fireboy MA2-450 automatic engine room fire extinguisher
- Lewmar 300 TT 24 Volt bow thruster
- Cruisair reverse-cycle air conditioning with (4) zones 65,000 BTU total, plus additional 9,000 BTU unit in engine room
- VacuFlush automatic toilets with electric fresh water flush and custom controls
- Pressurized fresh water with dual pumps (new, 2014)
- Seaward 18-gallon hot water heater
- Seagull IV-X6 water filtration system plumbed to all cold water taps
- (2) Fiberglass black water tanks with custom monitor panel, and (3) gray water collectors all with automatic pump-out
- Custom Wema monitor panels for easy fuel and water tank level management
- Spectra 700 MK II 110/12 Volt watermaker
- Beam central vacuum system
- Twin automatic electric bilge pumps, plus lazarette pump
- (2) Manual bilge pumps
- Anchor wash down pump (fresh and salt water)
- Splendide washer/dryer (2016)
- (2) 20 lb. and (1) 10-lb. propane tanks and regulator in ventilated deck locker
Sails And Rigging
- Forespar three-spreader aluminum mast, painted white (new paint 2018)
- LeisureFurl hydraulic in-boom mainsail furling system (re-built, reinforced and painted, 2014, and new furling motor and gooseneck added 2016)
- Furlex hydraulic genoa and staysail furlers (both re-built 2018)
- Harken Hydra 2 hydraulic system to power furlers and winches
- Navtec rod standing rigging (all dye tested, 2014)
- PBO running backstays with retrieving lines
- GMT carbon fiber spinnaker/whisker pole, stored on mast
- Navtec hydraulic boom vang and split backstay controls, with Harken push-button control panel at helm
- Boom preventer built-in
- Lewmar mainsheet traveler system
- Steaming, foredeck and aft deck lights
- Up/down spreader lights
- Doyle Hydranet woven Spectra full battened furling mainsail
- Doyle Hydranet woven Spectra 135% furling genoa
- Doyle Dacron furling staysail
- Doyle asymmetrical spinnaker with sock (2013)
- Antal W 80 hydraulic self-tailing primary winches
- Antal W 66 hydraulic self-tailing mainsheet and main halyard winches
- Antal W 66 hydraulic self-tailing staysail/runner winches
- Antal W 44 self-tailing traveler control winches
- Antal W 52 self-tailing genoa and W 48 self-tailing staysail halyard winches at mast
Solid hand-laid Twaron reinforced fiberglass hull using Vinylester resins and Isophthalic Gelcoat with epoxy barrier coating. Balanced spade rudder with partial skeg for optimal performance, strength and protection. There are watertight collision bulkheads aft of forepeak locker and forward of aft lazarette. White Gelcoat topsides, blue cove stripe, double blue boot stripes (new 2018) and blue bottom (new May 2018). There are (6) Lexan topside windows.
Fiberglass with balsa core and solid laminate in areas of deck hardware, white Gelcoat and molded-in gray non-skid. Modern transom with molded-in steps, swim platform and built-in swim ladder. There is a transom garage door that opens hydraulically for easy access to extensive storage space with custom shelving, along with large corner lazarette lockers each side, accessible on the aft deck. On the foredeck there is a deep forepeak locker with line hangers and a separate split chain locker forward.
Aluminum toe rails and all stainless deck hardware, including (7) low-profile stainless hatches (new Lexan 2018), (20) opening portholes, double anchor rollers, Antal genoa tracks and cars, Harken turning blocks, mooring cleats etc.
One of the many highlights of VOO DOO s design is the spacious cockpit with twin helm stations for easy access from the aft deck and great visibility while steering. The cockpit seating was customized by the owner to maximize seating for ten comfortably around a beautiful varnished 6 teak table with drop-leaves and built-in drink cooler.
The twin helms are designed for short-handed sailing, with all sail controls within easy reach. The helm area was customized by lowering the coaming outboard each helm, for easier access to side decks.
- Twin Lewmar hydraulic anchor windlasses
- Roca 88 lb. anchor with 300 1/2 chain (new chain, 2018; anchor re-galvanized, 2019)
- Delta 80 lb. anchor with 30 1/2 chain and nylon rode
- Varnished teak handrails
- Teak cockpit sole and seat tops
- Stern pulpit extended to side gates with drop-down teak pushpit seats each side and on center
- Dodger and bimini (blue), with oversized 1-1/4 S/S frame, clear connector, helm windows, full enclosures and removable side shades
- Adjustable white and blue lighting wired into bimini
- Cockpit cushions with backrest cushions
- Helm cushions with backrest bolsters
- Sun cushions for foredeck
- Covers for cockpit table, hand rails and grill
- Cup holders throughout
- Hot/cold shower at transom
- Ritchie 6 compass at each pedestal with stainless grab bars
- Winslow 8-man life raft in canister, mounted on stern rail
- Switlik MOM
- Ditch bag with EPIRB, supplies
- ACR EPIRB
- Twin radar reflectors on mast
- Sea anchor
- (2) Horseshoe life rings
- (8) Life jackets
- Flare kit
- (6) Fenders and (10) dock lines
- Varnished teak companionway hatch slides with padded storage bag
- (2) Teak/stainless side-boarding ladders
- Exit carbon fiber passarelle
- Simpson Cobra 400 dinghy davits with electric hoist (painted 2018)
- Leather steering wheel covers
- Bosun s chair
- Stainless gas grill
- Numerous spares
- Personal effects
- Art work
- Dive equipment
- Dinghy and outboard
- Revere life raft in valise
- Medical kit
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.