|Type||Cruisers, Deck Saloon, Cutter|
|Location||Hampton, Virginia, United States|
2004 Jeanneau 54DS "Sapphire"
"The stylish Jeanneau 54 DS, which is certainly one of the best big-boat values afloat, places Jeanneau squarely in the big leagues of performance cruisers."
Sapphire has been cruising the East Coast from Newport, RI to the Caribbean, back an forth for many years. Her owner's, founders of the Salty Dawg Sailing Association and cruising rallies have owned Sapphire since new. This a very well equipped and sort bluewater cruiser, already and prepared for her next adventure. Sapphire has been continuously maintained, updated, improved and refined as a Offshore Cruising Yacht.
Sapphire features a purposely built 63' Mast, specifically designed to enable cruising the ICW. Her dual headsail arrangement provides a 150% Genoa to light winds and reaching and a 100% Solent Jib for heavy-weather; both headsails on furlers along with the mainsail. Easy sail handling combined with electric winches and all sheets, halyards and controls lead to the cockpit makes "Sapphire" a joy to sail even short-handed.
Model: 54 DS
Has Hull ID: Yes
Boat Hull ID: IRI00063A404
Designer: Fauroux & Garroni
Keel Type: Fin Keel
Bridge Clearance: 63' 0''
LOA: 65' 0''
LWL: 54' 0''
Beam: 26' 0''
Cabin Headroom: 15' 0''
Maximum Draft: 12' 0''
Dry Weight: 37500.0 lbs
Ballast: 11025.0 lbs
Model: 4JH4 HTE
Drive Type: Direct
Propeller Type: 3 Blade, Bronze
Engine Power: 110hp
Water Tanks: 1
Water Tank Capacity: 246 gal
Fuel Tanks: 2
Fuel Tank Capacity: 175 gal
Holding Tank Count: 1
Holding Tank Capacity: 85 gal
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 3
Drive Type: Direct
Windlass Type: Electric
Hull And Deck Construction
The hull is solid hand-laid fiberglass; it and the keel structure are supported by fiberglass over wood floors and stringers, which create a rugged internal framework. These individual floors are laminated directly to the hull, as are the primary bulkheads and the furniture facings, producing a rigid structure that can take a pounding. This time-consuming stiffening technique is in contrast to those that use molded hull liners.
The cast-iron keel is externally fastened with stainless-steel keel bolts, well spaced to efficiently handle the relentless load imposed on narrow-chord keel sections. The standard draft is 7 feet 6 inches; an optional 6-foot-6-inch shoal keel ups the ballast by nearly 1,000 pounds to 11,905 pounds. The balanced fiberglass rudder is supported by a beefy stainless-steel stock. A fiberglass rudder tube houses self-aligning bearings and is molded directly to the hull in lieu of a conventional rudder stuffing box. The deck is balsa-cored, both for rigidity and sound insulation; teak decks are optional. The hull/deck joint, which incorporates an inward hull flange, a small molded bulwark, and a handsome teak caprail, is bonded mechanically and chemically.
Cockpit And Deck Gear
COCKPIT / STERN PLATFORM
- Twin-level cockpit, teak seats and floor, two side lockers with gas
- lifting shocks
- Central locker for liferaft or storage, gas locker for 2 bottles
- Two large lockers under helm seats, access to steering system
- 2 steering wheels, leather wheel covers, compass with stainless steel guard
- Engine control on starboard steering console
- Cockpit table with folding sides, central storage, cup holder
- Stainless steel fiddle and handrail with light on cockpit table
- Teak stern platform steps and bottom
- Hot and cold cockpit shower, inlet for shore water
- Folding swim ladder with teak steps and cover
Deck Equipment and Hardware
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits with buoy bracket and flagstaff holder
- Double lifelines port and starboard lifeline gates
- Teak rubrail with built-in chocks
- 6 mooring cleats with 8 stainless steel chocks
- 1500 W 24v deck-mounted electric windlass
- Spinlock jammers and Harken turning blocks for halyards and control lines
- 2 Harken Electric cockpit coaming winches for genoa sheets
- 2 Harken genoa sheet tracks with adjustable ball-bearing Harken fairleads
- Genoa sheet turning blocks
- Harken adjustable mainsail traveler on roof
- Folding padeyes on deck (2 * 3)
- Padeye for spinnaker pole downhaul
- Fiberglass halyard cover, roof handrails, companionway and cockpit handrails
The main saloon is huge! When moving forward at sea there are full-length overhead handholds. The designers have maximized the beam by pushing the interior components outboard. The result is an airy, spacious saloon with sumptuous settees and elegant chairs rimming a lovely teak table to starboard and a minibar to port. Nice touches including foldaway shades, recessed halogen lights, superb ventilation with 12 opening hatches, lateral overhead windows for natural light, and even a handy coffee table contribute to the overall ambiance.
The navigation station is opposite the galley. The curved seat keeps the navigator on an even keel when heeled. A once-folded chart can be spread on the wraparound navigation table that also has a cutout for a laptop. The electrical panel is outboard, and there's room for repeaters. Wiring looks tidy and is well labeled. A deep wet locker is located behind the navigation seat. Access to the house batteries is beneath the floorboards between the galley and navigation station.
Aft Master Stateroom
- Center Line Queen Size Bed
- Head with Shower
- Separate Shower
- A / C
- New Starboard / Port Ultra Leather Settees
- New Ultra leather sofa / chairs October 2017
- TV / surround sound
- Navigation station
- Varnished Dinner Table Cocktail Table
- Head with Shower
Forward State Room
- Head with Shower
- Double Bed
- Port Side Ultra Swede Sofa
- Portable wall to be installed if two staterooms required.
- Sofa can convert to a over / under bunk
- A / C
- Double Bed
- A / C
The C-shaped galley is to port of the companionway a step down from the mainsaloon. There's plenty of counter space, more than in most small apartments, and it's encircled by a handsome fiddle. In true French style, most of the amenities for preparing great meals are standard. You can access the large 12-volt refrigeration/freezer from the top or through a front-loading door. There's a stainless-steel microwave and a four-burner stove/oven with a crash bar that can also support a harness. Food storage is outboard, in decent-sized lockers, while the cutlery is housed in drawers below the sink.
- FrigaboatGalley Refrigerator Keel Cooled
- Frigaboat Galley Freezer Keel Cooled
- Large Frigaboat Refrigerator / Freezer between the Steering wheels Keel cooled
Engine And Mechanical Systems
Fitted with a 100-horsepower turbocharged Yanmar diesel. Access is from behind the companionway and through removable panels in the aft cabin. I inspected the engine while under way and was impressed by the soundproofing. A dripless stuffing box is standard, Sapphire was fitted with a Max-Prop. One battery is dedicated to starting. Fuel capacity is 191 gallons in two stainless-steel tanks; this translates to a maximum range of around 500 miles.
- Yanmar 100 HP 5,900 Opr. Hrs
- Balmar 110 Amp Alternator New
- Dual Racor Filter system
- Fuel Capacity 2 tanks !75 Gallons w/transfer pump
- Max Prop VP
- Bow Thruster
- 2 Tanks with 125 Gallons
- Spectra Newport Water Maker 30 Gallons / hr
- 3 Electric Heads all with showers
- Aft Stateroom Separate Shower
- Single Holding Tank 85 Gal
- Gray Water discharges overboard
Electrical And Electronics
- Northern Light 6 KW Generator New
- Master Volt 200 / 4000 wat Inverter / Charger with a Vectron 200 watt back up
- 2 175 watt Solar Panels
- E 400 Wind Generator
- Batteries 600 amp house, 2 in parallel
- 24 volt Elect. Bow Thruster / windless
- 2 in parallel 24 volt for aft winches.
- Ray Marine E 120 Cockpit Nav Station
- Ray Marine VHF with hailer Fog Horn Cockpit Nav. Station
- AIS Both receive / transmit
- Ray Marine ST 70 s at both steering wheels
- Ray Marine Auto Pilot
- Icom 802M Single Side Band
- Sky Mate Internet System
Spars And Rigging
Z- Diffusion Keel Stepped Aluminum In-Mast Furling
- ICW capable 63 Mast (with same standing Rigging designed for the 73 mast)
- Triple spreaders, through-mast connection
- Discontinuous wire rigging
- Rigid boom vang, all halyards led to Spinlock blockers in cockpit
- Harken mast step blocks on deck fitting
- Watertight mast passage deck fitting
- Removable mast casing for access to cable connections
- Folding mast steps, deck lighting under spreaders
- Boom topping lift, mainsail halyard, genoa halyard, spinnaker halyard
- Set of high-quality mainsail and genoa sheets
- Flag halyard strap-eyes
4 Electric Winches
2 x Harken 66 electric for Sheets
2x harken 46 at the Companionway for roller fuller of Main and fore sail
- Furling Mainsail
- 150% Furling Genoa
- 100% Solent Jib
- Cruising Asymmetrical Spinnaker with Dousing Sleeve
- New Mainsail and Genoa in storage
Additional Equipment And Safety Gear
Windless / Para Anchor
- LaFrance Windlass
- 75 # Bruce Anchor
- Quick Chain Counter / operating switch
- 300 ft. 12 mm chain ( Replaced 2010 )
- Para Anchor with 500 ft. 0f 1 line
- (designed for a 30 NT Vessel Sapphire is 19 NT)
Upgrades And Updates
Recent upgrades Replacements
- Painted Stern
- Replaced teak Aft Scoop
- Recovered Main Salon Sofa / Chairs
- Recovered Aft State Room Cushions
- Replaced engine / generator fuel lines
- Replaced Generator
- Original Main / Genoa in storage - new
- Washer / Dryer Electronic Control Panel
- Auto Pilot Control bolt for the Quadrant
- Abundance of spare line for sheets / roller furl
- Aft State room mattress in a controlled environment Storage
Farr Yacht Sales offers the details of the listed vessel in good faith. We are diligent in presenting the above facts and inventories of the listed vessel but we cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of the information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. The buyer, whether himself or through his agent or his surveyor, should conduct such investigation, independent confirmation and additional due diligence as the buyer deems necessary before purchasing the vessel.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.