Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/bluenos3/public_html/custom-php/ListingDetail.php on line 54
2003 Cabo Rico
|Location||Portsmouth, Rhode Island, United States|
SOFIA will take you anywhere in the world in comfort and luxury. Fully-loaded and turn-key, her awesome galley, complete nav station, entertainment center and even washer and dryer allow you all the conveniences of home, whether in port or at sea.
The interior is a world-cruiser s dream, fitted in thoroughly traditional fashion into a hull of such size that it permits most tankage to be located down in the keel, freeing up the more easily-accessed areas for personal storage. There are two distinctly separate double cabins. The head, with separate stall shower, is as large as it ought to be for living aboard. The standard finish of all Cabo Rico yachts -- expertly installed honey-colored hand-rubbed teak only available in Costa Rica -- is superb.
Maintained to the highest standards with nothing spared, SOFIA is for sale by her second owner. Replacement value is close to $1.5M. This is a must-see boat which will not disappoint.
Make: Cabo Rico
Has Hull ID: Yes
Boat Hull ID: CQB56001J303
LOA: 56' 0''
LWL: 48' 0''
Beam: 23' 0''
Minimum Draft: 6' 6''
Ballast: 17750.0 lbs
Displacement: 51300.0 lbs
Electrical Circuit: 12 V
Engine Hours: 1653
Engine Power: 125hp
Water Tanks: 1
Water Tank Capacity: 320 gal
Fuel Tanks: 1
Fuel Tank Capacity: 224 gal
Holding Tank Count: 1
Holding Tank Capacity: 97 gal
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Windlass Type: Electric
Accommodations And Walkthrough
From the cockpit, down four stairs, is the spacious interior. Immediately to port is the utility/work room with a stainless steel-topped bench and cabinets for tool storage. Aft in this workspace is access to the new Fischer Panda 12kW generator. Directly across to starboard is the double port guest cabin, with numerous cupboards and a full-length hanging closet. This cabin is air-conditioned and also has a Hella fan and stereo speaker controls. Access to the head and shower is forward.
Across from the day head is the full galley. With abundant countertops, she was designed with the gourmet chef in mind. Serving and glassware are stored overhead in the conveniently-accessed bulkhead. Opposite to starboard is the nav area, with plushly-upholstered seating, and outfitted with excellent electronics. The large, fiddled nav desk has a flip top for charts. Drawers and cubbies for storage, outboard, keep everything neatly stowed.
The large and spacious salon is forward, featuring a generous L-shaped settee to port, with storage behind and below. A custom dining table expands to accommodate larger parties. Adjacent to the couch is a work station, with upholstered swivel seat and storage above. Located fully forward is a mounted flat screen TV, with six B W speakers mounted in the salon ceiling. Forward, to starboard, is a bar area with glass and bottle storage. Directly aft is a full-sized second settee to starboard. Additional storage, including bookcase, is located behind and below.
Located on the salon side of the bulkhead is a Chelsea barometer, clock and hygrometer. The salon has five Hella fans, several thoughtfully-placed reading lights, portholes and an overhead hatch for light and ventilation.
Moving forward, there is a separate washer and dryer in two cabinets, across from which is the entertainment center.
Furthest forward is the master stateroom with queen-sized centerline berth with mirror behind and a Sharp Aquos TV mounted overhead. There is generous storage outboard and below, as well as a full-length hanging locker. In addition to the ceiling-mounted dome lights, there are three opening ports and a large hatch for light and ventilation. Repeaters for sailing instruments located herein. The en-suite contains a Raritan head and stall shower with bench seat, with an opening port for ventilation.
This vessel is pure luxury throughout, finished in solid teak and in amazing condition!
The galley has a full electric range and oven, microwave and separate fridge and freezer with both top- and front-loading well-insulated doors. Hot and cold pressure water, Corian countertops and loads of storage. The double-bowl stainless steel galley sink is complete with soap dispenser and manual salt and freshwater foot pumps. Large pot lockers and multiple drawers provide plenty of storage.
- Separate Seafrost fridge and freezer
- Lower door on fridge with vacuum panel insulation for improved access
- (2) Deep mirror-finished stainless steel sinks
- Hot and cold pressure water system
- Smart water filtration system
- Manual fresh water pump with filter system
- Force 10 three-burner electric stove and oven with broiler
- Whirlpool microwave oven
- Corian counter tops
- (2) 110 VAC GFI outlets
- (2) 12V Hella fans
- Overhead and adjustable lights
- Bilge storage
- Under-stove storage locker
- Pots and pans storage locker
- Stainless steel opening ports, with shades
- Paper towel holder and spice rack
Nav Station Electronics
The Nav station, to starboard across from the galley, is forward-facing and equipped with a complete set of Simrad electronics. There is a dual station in the cockpit complete with 10" radar/GPS chartplotter/Sonar screen, autopilot, VHF and IS 15 instruments.
- Nav Station: 15" Garmin radar/GPS chartplotter/Sonar screen (new 2017)
- Simrad AP20 autopilot
- IS15 Instruments
- ICOM M802 Single Sideband radio
- ICOM ICM 304 VHF radio
- ICOM S 24 VHF speaker
- Iridium Sat Phone
- KVH SAT TV
- 12V overhead light and chart light
- 110V AC outlet
- 12V DC fan
- Denon AVR 3803 receiver
- Mitsubishi VCR
- Yamaha CD player
- 19" Sharp LCD flat screen in master suite
- Channel Plus Modulator SPS6 Speaker Selection System
- Sony DVD/CD
- 24" KVH Tracvision 6 Satellite
- 32" Plasma Sony TV in main salon
- (12) B W speakers throughout, with separate controls in each room
- Sonance Sonamp 260 MK II
- Direct TV receiver
- Custom 12 V DC and 110 VAC electrical panels with circuit breakers, digital amp and volt gauges with backlit labels
- Color-coded tinned strand copper wiring, conduit runs with thru-bulkhead chafing protection
- All cables and terminal blocks labeled
- 110V polarity indicators
- (11) Heavy duty 12V DC 125 amp lifeline deep cycle batteries
- (1) Start battery
- (2) Heavy duty shore power inlets with overload protectors and isolators
- Battery selector switches with emergency interconnect
- 2500 watt invertor
- Xantrex battery monitor system
- 12V DC Technautic refrigeration system
- AC-3 Cool/Heat Automatic Systems SMXir - AC in master suite, main salon and aft suite
Deck And Hull
SOFIA is set up for moving easily around the decks with a clear and uncluttered layout and a low-profile cabin top for visibility. The dual Muir windlass package makes anchoring easy, and the extended bow sprit is in a great location to store the two large stainless steel anchors.
- Hand laid fiberglass, sanded between each cured layer of 1808 stitched cloth
- Solid fiberglass construction in way of thru-bolted hardware
- White Gelcoat finish with tan non-skid areas
- Engine beds are fiberglass over mahogany
- Keel floor is solid fiberglass
- Hot and cold shower in cockpit
- Hull to deck joint attached using 3M 5200 adhesive with S/S bolts and washers with glass reinforcing
- Vacuum bagged core cell in deck and hull
- Solid fiberglass in way of all thru hull fittings
- Vinylester resin barrier used on outer four layers of fiberglass, painted finish
- Inner bilge surfaces are light grey Gelcoat finish
- Twin Muir windlass setup
- Twin stainless steel anchors
- Port side anchor: 200 foot rode with 25 foot chain
- Starboard side anchor: 200 foot chain
- (6) Cowl vents
- Fresh and salt water wash down system
- 11 Caribe dinghy stores upside down on foredeck
- Double railed bow and stern pulpits
SOFIA has a large, very comfortable cockpit with a dining table attached to the pedestal, along with two cup holders and teak grate floor. The Edson pedestal is covered by a large bimini which has a connecting Isinglass panel to the dodger.
A full set of electronics at the wheel includes:
- Bow thruster control
- Garmin GPS map 7612
- Simrad autopilot
- Ritchie compass
- Portable Simrad AIS VHF
- Remote speaker for VHF
- 12V cigarette lighter
- (2) stereo speakers
- KVH Tracvision
- (8) Jam cleats under dodger for sailing lines
The port side cockpit locker gives access to steering ram and autopilot, while the starboard side locker has air conditioning pumps, circuit breakers and an ACR EPIRB.
Very aft are two teak seats and a swim ladder mounted on the stern. The aft locker, which doubles as a helmsman s seat, contains a soft pack 6-man Winslow life raft along with two jack lines, life jackets and emergency tiller. There is a brand new Switlik MOM mounted to the port side rail. On the transom is also a dinghy engine lift and a Life Sling to starboard.
Engine And Mechanical
- Yanmar 125 hp diesel with fresh water cooling (1,653 hours as of March, 2020)
- Full set engine instruments
- Balmar 110 amp alternator with smart regulator
- Edson single-lever engine controls
- Lead and Mylar insulated engine room
- Utility room with workshop
- 12V engine ventilation system
- 1-3/4 solid stainless steel shaft
- External cutlass bearing
- (2) Racor fuel filters by fuel manifold
- Reverso oil change pump
- Electric fuel prime pump for engine
- 12 kW Fischer Panda generator (22 hours, as of March, 2020)
- Vetus bow thruster
Winches And Rigging
- (2) Anderson 68ST 2-speed electric
- (1) Anderson 46ST 2-speed electric
- (1) Anderson 46ST 2-speed winch
- (1) Anderson 52ST 2-speed electric
- (2) Anderson 58ST 2-speed winches
- (5) Opening hatches on deck
- Mast: White powder-coated double-anodized aluminum with internal halyards and reefing lines
- Double-spreader rig
- Tapered mast
- 1x19 stainless steel wire standing rigging, including double lowers and intermediate backstays
- Norseman lower fittings
- Rod bobstay
- Split back stay
- SAILTEC hydraulic boom vang
- Forespar Leisure Furl boom
- Bosch Axxis washer and dryer
- High-temp hoses on fresh water plumbing, with stainless steel hose clamps
- Mixer valves on all sinks faucets
- All hoses ABYC standards
- All hose connections are double stainless steel clamped
- 20-gallon stainless steel hot water heater, 110 VAC and off-engine heat exchanger
- (2) Heavy duty double-action manual bilge pumps
- Electric bilge pump with float switch
- (2) Electric high-capacity emergency bilge pumps with float switches
- Water and fuel tanks made from Vinylester resin
- Fuel and water tank distribution manifolds
- Fuel and water level gauges
- Fuel tanks also have manual dip-stick measurement
- Fuel tank clean-out
- High pressure fuel lines, Aeroquip fittings
- (1) Holding tank per head
- Grey water tank with automatic discharge
The owner's personal effects are excluded from the sale.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.