1998 Sensation Yachts
|Type||Racers and Cruisers, Cruisers|
|Location||Barrington, Rhode Island, United States|
"Volare" completed a comprehensive refit in 2014 at Lyman-Morse; Some of the high lights include:
2014 new teak decks
2014 new Cummins 235 HP diesel inboard (50 hours)
2014 new Northern Lights 20KW Generator (75 hours)
2014 New Air conditioning System Chiller, 6 air handlers, duck work, 4 ton system
2014 Side Power Bow Thruster, 20HO Hydraulic
2104 Side Power retractable stern thruster 12HP electrical
See full specifications for the complete details on this comprehensive re-fit
Quality Trades Considered, along with other Progressive Liquidity Opportunities!
Make: Sensation Yachts
Keel Type: Fin Keel
LOA: 73' 0''
Beam: 21' 0''
Maximum Draft: 15' 0''
Displacement: 76000.0 lbs
Rope Cutter: true
Drive Type: Direct
Propeller Type: 3 Blade, Feathering
Engine Hours: 30
Engine Power: 235hp
Number of single berths: 4
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 3
Drive Type: Direct
Hull Construction And Details
- Hull painted Flag Blue Awlgrip (2010)
- The waterline is white
- Bottom is dark red. (2014)
- The sheer is painted with a gold cove stripe and the Ron Holland insignia
- Asolid crash bulkhead is positioned in between the foc'sle and the interior forward living space.
- The transom features a section that hydraulically lowers to create a swim/boarding platform with steps up to the aft deck. Storage is ample here too.
- S.S. Swim Ladder
- Aft cockpit Shower (2014)
Deck Equipment And Deck Re-Fit Details
The deck is well planned with wide open spaces and most machinery and a winch located below. There is a 6" bulwark all around with a teak cap rail. Hawse pipes are integral to the bulwarks for chafe-free leading of dock lines.
The teak decks were replaced in 2014 and all other deck surfaces and pilothouse were replaced with Alwgrip "Matterhorn White"
All 10 Lewmar Deck and Pilot house hatches were replaced in 2014
The anchor chain and gypsy are hidden below two hatches just aft of the bow. The chain comes up through a hawse pipe from the stem mounted centerline roller, around the gypsy and then down into the chain locker so it is never back on deck. There is a wash down system on the foredeck. Only the rope drum is visible above deck, making for an uncluttered foredeck.
Going aft, is a large new Lewmar hatch that gives access to the foc'sle. Foc'sle area is large and organized to store sails, ground tackle, docking equipment and cleaning supplies.
Double life lines
Maxwell VWC 4000 Hydraulic Windlass (new 2014)
120 1b Stainless Steel Bruce Anchor
400' of 1/2" HT Chain (2014)
Spare anchor Fortress - FX 125
Lifting boom for dinghy
Chocks for dinghy on foredeck (removable)
Three Internal Boom lights over cockpit area.
Combo 220 v AC bilge pump/ sea water wask down for anchor chain pilothouse window covers
Dodger and Bimini for forward cockpit
New aft cabin and head Portlights (2014) - all Portlights are opening Propane BBQ Grill
The forward cockpit is U shaped with comfortable seating for 8. The cockpit table houses storage as well as a rebuilt and re-insullatedFrigoboat refridgerated well (2014).
Mechanicals And Engine Room Details
- Accessed from a side deck hatch on the port side or through the electrical room off of the aft passageway, the engine room is now a marvel to behold. The new layout, wiring, and plumbing allow for maximum accessibility to all the systems within.
- Cummin 235 HP Diesel main engine ( 25 hours) (2014)
- Maxprop Feathering prop
- Spurs Line cutter
- New ZF Clear Command Engine controls (2014)
- Northern Lights 20 KW Generator (65 hours) with new exhaust
- Air Conditioning System - New Chiller (2014) and six air handlers, including duct work - 4 ton system.
- Bow Thruster Side Power 20 hp (2014) Hydraulic
- Stern Thruster - Retractable, Side Power 12 hp electrical (2014)
- Mamba Mechanical drive steering
- Hot water Heater - 20 gal (2014) with Pex plumbing (2014)
- Reverso Oil Pump exchange with reservoir (2014)
- Fuel tanks - cleaned, repainted(2014)
- Water Tanks - cleaned and painted inside (2014)
- Gray Black water tanks - cleaned and repainted (2014)
Electronics And Re-Fit Details
NAVIGATIONAL EQUIPMENT - ALL NEW IN 2014
- Furuno TZ Touch Screen 14" -Located inside
- ICOM M802 SSB with Tuner -Located inside
- ICOM M504 VHF w/ Hailer -Located inside
- Furuno TZ Touch Screen 9" - Located in Helmsmen's Cockpit
- ICOM VHF Commander Mic Ill - Located in Helmsmen's Cockpit
- Iridium Sat phone and antenna (2014)
- 24" Furuno Radar Closed array - mounted on mast
- Furuno FA50 AIS Class B Transponder
- Furuno GPS NMEA2000
- Dual Furuno GPS NMEA 2000 antennas for built in fail over
- B G autopilot ACP2 software updated and new rudder reference unit and gimballed rate compass
SAILING INSTRUMENTATION - ALL NEW IN 2014
- B G: Pilot Display at helm and in Pilothouse B G Multi helm and in Pilothouse
- B G Multi Displayat helm and in Pilothouse
- 54" Masthead Unit
- B G wind 1450mm VMHV pack
- B G Analog Wind Speed at Helm
Entertainment And Re-Fit Details
- Flat Screen TV in Main Salon (2007) Flat screen TV in Master stateroom ( 2014)
- Sony CD/Tuner in Main Salon
- Critchfield Cockpit speakers (2014)
- Rogue wave wifi Pro wireless bridge system (2014)
- Asus wireless router for onboard internet distribution (2014)
- Fusion MS-IP7001 marine entertainment system with MS-Unidock controllable from Furuno
- TZT displays and wired for 3 zone audio output (Salon, Master,Cabin and Cockpit) (2014)
- 220 Volt and 110 Volt Electrical Systems
- 24 and 12 volt Ships DC systems
- (2) Mastervolt Chargers MASS 24/75
- 3600 Xantrex inverter/
- 175 Amp Alternator
- AGM House Battery Bank (2014) 1200 Amp H urs Engine and Genset Starting Battery (2) AG volt (2014)
- 50 AMP Power Cord ( 2014)
- 12 VDC system Victron 24/12-70A DC/DC converter (2014)
Designed by Andrew Winch for Ron Holland, VOLARE's interior is a brilliant mix of elegance, form and function. Step down the staircase from the cockpit and enter the expansive pilothouse which is light, bright and welcoming. Large fixed windows line three sides with 2 large opening hatches overhead for ventilation. The interior walls are cherry with high gloss varnish throughout. The overhead panels gloss white V grooved while the interior upper verticals are off -white. The settee is blue leather with complimenting textiles throughout. The cabin sole floorboards are all removable to provide full access to the bilge and lock into place for safety.
Continuing forward from the pilothouse, decend three more steps and the galley area with banquet is to starboard. A large en-suite guest cabin is directly across from the galley. Forward of the en-suite are two mirror imaged over and under berthed cabins which share a head. The ample head has a large opening hatch for ventilation and light.
Returning back to the pilothouse, to starboard, one would find three stairs leading down past a navigation center outboard and the electrical panel and engine room access door inboard. Aft of that is the master suite.
The pilothouse/main salon is very comfortable and bright. The raised u shaped settee, offers a panoramic view of your anchorage. The highly varnished center table features drawers in the pedestal providing great storage for flatware, stemware and china.
Opposite to starboard, is a settee in a complementing textile to the rich blue ultra leather found on the larger settee. Aft of the straight settee, is a cherry cabinet with custom housing for rocks glasses and other bar necessities.
The lower helm station is positioned to starboard. All electronics were replaced in 2014 and a new dash board which was designed and built to house them .
Galley And Galley Re-Fit Details
The galley extends along the starboard side At the forward end if the galley is an L shaped counter top space with two person banquet. It greatly adds to working space when prepping for a meal and also serves as a mess for the crew.
Following aft is a double sink with microwave above it, a three burner propane stove with oven and a trash compacter.
The new refrigerator/freezer stacking units are located toward the aft end of the galley on centerline.. Another freezer is located outboard of these.
On the inboard side of the galley, just behind the mast is more beautifully crafted cabinetry and counter space.
All appliances were replaced in 2014.
- Galley RE-fit includes:
- Frigoboat Freezer with drawers (2014)
- Frigoboat Refrigeration with front door (2014)
- Frigoboat countertop opening freezer (2014)
- LG Microwave oven (2014)
- Broan Trash Compacter (2014)
- Splendide Washer/Dryer Combo unit (2014)
- Aquamatic 900 Water maker with remote (2014)
- Central Vacuum system (2014)
The master stateroom stretches the full beam of the boat. A centerline queen bed with new custom mattress is flanked by two L-shaped cabinets on either side. A comfortable settee is located to starboard just foward of a full length hanging locker which is found behind the entrance door to the suite. On the forward wall directly in front of the bed, is the entertainment center which houses a new 26" LCD TV. The teak and holly cabin soles are protected with bound fitted berber carpets. To port is a lovely sit down vanity with an opening hinged top, lights and storage.
Forward of that is the head. The head includes an inlaid countertop, a large enclosed shower with a tempered glass door and a vacuflush toilet with good ventilation
Spars, Riggings And Sails
VOLARE is rigged for short handed sailing with a self tacking jib and in boom furling mainsail. The main halyard is controlled by a captive hydraulic reel winch so raising and lowering the powerful mainsail is done with the push of a button. The main sheet is lead aft to a hydraulic winch in the helmsmen's cockpit. The jib sheet which controls the jib is lead to a self tacking track and then aft to a hydraulic cockpit winch.
To Tack VOLARE - simply turn the wheel.
Running backstays and a detachable inner forestay are fitted, but the swept back spreaders make them unnecessary except in heavy weather.
- Matric Aluminum Mast - repainted in 2014
- Leisure furl Boom - rebuilt 2014
- Reckman Roller furling
- Navtek Hydraulic backstay and vang
- Lewmar Commander System Hydraulic - for winches, furling and windlass
- Winch switches replaced in 2014
- 2- Lewmar 66 STH (Primaries), 2 Lewmar 66ST (Secondaries)
- I- Lewmar 56 ST 1 Lewmar 56STH at mast
- Halyards - Spectra
- Main - Fully Battened by North 2003
- Jib - Carbon -2005
- Delivery Jib -2003
- Cruising Spinnaker with Sock
- 2014 AB 11' Aluminum Inflatable'
- 2014 20 hp Yamaha 4 stroke Outboard
VOLARE is in excellent condition. Her 2014 re-fit of over 1.4 million covered most systems, cosmetics and teak deck. She has been stored undercover for most of the time since the re-fit.
VOLARE is ready for her new owners to step onboard and go world cruising.
Very highly recommended!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.