1982 Don Brooke - Export Yachts
|Location||Annapolis, Maryland, United States|
Designed by Don Brooke, built in New Zealand by Export Yachts in 1982. Steel hull construction, 50 ton displacement. Accommodations include five staterooms, five heads. Interior beautifully finished in varnished mahogany. Teak and holly floors in pilothouse and galley. Equipment includes Detroit 6-71 diesel, 2-20 KW generators, hydraulic bow thruster, reverse cycle air-conditioning, water maker, complete navigation equipment and electronics. Repaint in 2005, spars, superstructure and hull (Awlgrip), new Lexan windows, re-chrome all major deck hardware. With 1500 gallons of fuel, and 1000 gallon water capacity, ALTAIR's ready for a world cruise. Excellent condition.
"Altair" has a Jones Act Waiver that allows the yacht to be eligible for USCG certification for charter with up to 12 passengers. However, she has NOT been Coast Guard inspected.
Motivated Seller is receptive to offers, trades considered.
"Altair" is conveniently located in downtown Annapolis.
Call today to schedule a time to see this fantastic opportunity
Make: Don Brooke - Export Yachts
Keel Type: Full Keel
LOA: 77' 0''
LWL: 60' 0''
Beam: 18' 0''
Minimum Draft: 8' 0''
Make: Allison GM 6-71
Engine Hours: 4215
Engine Power: 175hp
Water Tanks: 1
Water Tank Capacity: 800 gal
Fuel Tanks: 1
Fuel Tank Capacity: 1,500 gal
Number of cabins: 5
Number of heads: 5
Four staterooms plus crew cabin, all with ensuite heads and showers. Master Stateroom is aft with queen berth, settee, built-in desk, excellent locker and storage areas, private head and shower, TV, VCR, CD player stereo system and (2) hanging lockers with indirect lighting. There are two additional guest staterooms aft. Each double berth, with drawers, hanging locker, and separate heads with showers. Forward of main salon on the starboard side is an additional guest stateroom with uper berth, extra wide lower berth, and ensuite head and shower. All the way forward is the crew cabin with upper and lower berths, head, storage shelves hatch providing access to the foredeck and utility room with clothes washer and (2) dryers. The main salon features a high mahogany ceiling with gloss varnish and cabinetry, L-shaped settees and table to starboard. Aft to starboard is a service bar with lead glass cabinets above. This area will open up for service from the galley area. Interior design work by noted Northwest interior designer.
The galley is located to starboard, aft of the salon. It is equipped with 220V front load refrigerator, large top load freezer, Jenn-Air wall mounted oven, Dacor 30 Black Halogen cook top, exhaust fan, Westinghouse dishwasher, microwave oven, Braun trash compactor, double stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water, instant hot/cold water faucet with carbon filter. The counter tops are granite. The galley sole was re-done with 5/16" teak and holly sole with high gloss finish.
Deck And Hull
Repainted with Awlgrip (2004) the entire hull and superstructure including bulwarks, cabin, main and mizzen mats. Includes removal of entire cap rail for inspection and repair and repaint. Teak deck overall; Re-chrome al dorade cowlings, window frames cleats. All winches on main mizzen including two primary at winches have been re-chromed. Lexan windows. All outside bright work re-varnished. Complete maintenance and repaint of chain locker and lazarette. New exterior cushions around aft seating and around cockpit area.
- Hull, deckhouse and mast painted (2004)
- New davits (2004)
- Bruce 110# anchor with 600' chain
- Stainless steel stern davits
- DBC/Zodiac 6-person life raft, double floor with canopy (2004)
- Custom stainless steel bow roller
- Clock and barometer
- Anchor chain wash
- Flush removable life raft mounts
- Folding leaf cockpit table
- Lighthouse stainless steel 24V anchor windlass
- Complete canas: spray dodger, hatch, winch, pedestal sail coers
- New stainless steel wire lifelines
- (2) 50' Shore power cords, 220V 50 amp
- Marquip boarding ladder
- New B G radar (2017)
- New B G GPS/Plotter (2017) two displays
- ICOM 302 VHF radio (2004)
- ICOM SSB 48 channel radio
- Kenwood 4305 ham radio
- B G instrumentation with repeaters
Mechanical Equipment And Engine Details
- Vacuum flush heads
- Hydraulic system with bow thruster generator drive
- Lube oil transfer system with fresh lube oil tank
- Wagner wheel steering
- Additional freezer/refrigerator (forward)
- Fuel filter
- (2) Station pneumatic single lever engine controls
- Hundestad feathering propeller
- 300 gallon Holding tank
- Painted bilge areas
- HRO 500 gal/day water maker
- 40 gallon hot water heaters
- Fuel oil filter, select transfer system
- (5) Portable CO2 fire extinguishers
- Halon fire extinguisher
- Bilge/waste pump system
- Cruisaire air conditioning
- Hot water heaters (2006)
- Water maker (2006)
- New seals for main engine (2004)
- 110V, 220V AC Electrical system
- 12V DC generator start system
- (1) 20KW cruising Genset of of main engine
- New inverter (2017)
- 24V, 12V DC Electrical system
- Northern Lights 20KW Genset - overhaul (2004) Hours 8031
- New battery chargers (2017)
Sails And Rigging
- Full batten mainsail mizzen sail with lazy jack system
- Roller furling Yankee
- Roller furling Genoa
- Storm jib
- Aluminum main mizzen masts
- Jiffy reefing system on main
- New cable halyards (2004)
- All new standing and running rigging (2004)
- Navtec boom vang
- Winches all self tailing
- Maxwell #34 main winch
- Maxwell #26 mizzen winch
- Lewmar staysail winch
- (2) Barlow #36 electric winches
- Maxwell #28 main winch
- (2) #55 Lewmar halyard winches
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be true and correct but cannot be guaranteed.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.