2009 Nordhavn 52
|Location||Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States|
Paste this link in your browser to view virtual tour
If the description "Category A, offshore unlimited standards" is something that fits your requirements, then continue to read details of STELLA MARIS. In fact, even if cruising to far off places around the world is not on your schedule, and coastal and island cruising is on your agenda, you really should study what this design represents because cruising challenges most often happen close to local cruising waters.
If comfort, safety, proper engineering, exquisite fit and finish is important, and let s not forget....quiet cruising under all conditions, something that is often overlooked when considering your next vessel, then please read on to learn what a proper design STELLA MARIS truly is.
The 52 enjoys a range of 2166 nautical miles at 8.3 knots and 2926 nautical miles at 7.1 knots burning 3.8 gallons an hour...enough to get you from California to Hawaii with plenty of reserve fuel. Nordhavn claims that as long as the 52 remains watertight, the ballast and other design considerations allow her to right herself even if completely turned over. The windows, which are 7/16" thick tempered glass, certainly are reassuring in all sea conditions, and the reverse pilothouse windshield and Portuguese bridge all add up to further security when needed.
The current, and previous owners of STELLA MARIS have shared in a most unusual maintenance schedule since their ownership, and the next owners will benefit from inheriting a cruising home that goes past the description of perfection!!
2017 UPGRADES FROM MAY TO NOVEMBER:
Complete new carpeting throughout the boat including the cockpit ($7,000)
New KVH Sat system, receivers with new TV's in all three staterooms and the main salon ($12,000)
Boat hauled, bottom and keel coolers cleaned with new zincs.
Installation of Bauer Jr. (3 cu ft./minute) scuba tank compressor in lazarette.
Complete exterior professional cleaning and waxing. (November 2017)
In November, both John Deere engines and the generator were serviced.
Note to all Canadian buyers - The import duty has already been paid on this vessel.
Has Hull ID: Yes
Boat Hull ID: PAI52060A909
LOA: 54' 3''
Beam: 16' 0''
Maximum Draft: 5' 11''
Make: John Deere
Engine Power: 164hp
Water Tanks: 1
Water Tank Capacity: 400 gal
Fuel Tanks: 1
Fuel Tank Capacity: 1,470 gal
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Enter from the aft cockpit through the aluminum hinged Dutch door. There is a crescent shaped settee to starboard and a straight settee to port. The upholstery is Ultra leather. There is a custom Boyle hi-lo, drop leaf table to starboard. The teak and spruce salon sole is covered with an anti-skid backed, bound edge new carpet with a 2" reveal to expose the wood around its perimeter.
The galley is at the port forward end of the salon and communication between the galley and salon is unimpeded. The stacked Asko washer and dryer are forward and to starboard behind a fully louvered door.
Just inboard, there are steps up to the pilothouse. The pilothouse is a comfortable place for a group to gather underway. Forward raked windscreens aid in shedding water and eliminate light reflecting from the electronics during night operation. Inside the windscreen are large upper and lower instrument consoles.
There is a very comfortable, and adjustable Stidd helm chair upholstered in Ultraleather at the steering station. The chair is located comfortably in reach of the instrument console and angled stainless steel wheel. The instruments mounted into the upper and lower consoles display very clearly. To starboard is the electrical distribution panel with digital meters that allow the systems to be monitored easily.
Aft of the helm chair are the dinette settee and teak table. The cushions are upholstered in matching Ultra leather. A watch berth is just aft and above the dinette seat back.
To starboard and forward from the pilothouse are steps down to the landing for access to the master and guest staterooms.
Forward of the landing are the two guest cabins with the double to port and the over and under bunks to starboard. There is drawer and locker stowage in each cabin.
Aft of the landing is the master cabin. There is a queen size bed with drawer storage under, and two hanging lockers and drawer storage outboard to port. Over the head of the bed is a bookshelf with a removable fiddle. There is a swing arm reading lamp above each side of the bed. The bed has a custom mattress.
Forward of the bed is a bank of drawers with a dressing mirror above.
Engine room access is on the starboard side of the bed. The door is gasketed, insulated aluminum with a lockset and two dogs for a positive sound seal.
The single John Deere main engine is a time and distance tested Nordhavn configuration. With dry stack exhaust and the Nordhavn gravity feed fuel system, the propulsion system is the most reliable of any in service. It has been tested over many years and millions of cumulative miles, including those racked up over numerous transoceanic passages dating back to the introduction of the Nordhavn 46 in 1988.
The raw water pump on the main engine has been eliminated in the keel-cooled configuration. There is no raw (outside) cooling water intake in the closed circuit to ingest weed, plastic, or other marine growth.
Exhaust gas from the engine is discharged from the dry stack well above the deck and superstructure to eliminate the station wagon effect of pulling the exhaust along with the boat underway. Exhaust noise is diminished because of the absence of the cooling water discharged with the gas at the waterline.
- John Deere 1066T.2 diesel engine rated at 164 hp (1,734 hours as of 11/2017)
- Engine has 24-volt 175-amp Leece-Neville large case alternator for house bank charging, plus 24-volt 40-amp small case alternator for engine start battery charging
- John Deere 844D 40 hp wing engine (126 hours as of 11/2017)
- ZFW 220 main engine transmission with a 3.96:1 reduction gear
- Trac digital stabilizers
- Side Power bow and stern thrusters
- Mathers electronic engine controls for main engine in pilothouse and cockpit control stations
- Engine analog gauges and Murphy powerview digital display
- 2-1/4" diameter Aquamet propeller shaft
- Spurs line cutter on main propeller shaft
- Propeller is a four-blade 34" diameter x 32" pitch bronze
- Main engine fuel filter is a Racor 75-900FGX2 (duplex) with valve-over capability
- Wing engine has its own shaft and propeller. There is no cross-linking of power to the main shaft, which would be rendered ineffective if fouling of the main engine propeller would occur.
- Wing engine has Morse cable controls. Control head and instrument panel are mounted in the pilothouse. The wing engine can be started and operated immediately from the pilothouse control station.
- 2 ea. 700 gal. fiberglass fuel storage tanks with man-sized access ports and internal removable baffles. Fuel supply pick-ups are at the bottom of each tank. Each tank is fitted with a sight gauge.
- 1 ea. aluminum 70-gallon aluminum supply (manifold) day tank fed by gravity from the storage tanks via " lines. Supply tank has a water/debris sump with a drain and Racor water sensor connected to an alarm in the pilothouse. Supply tank is fitted with a sight gauge.
- Fuel transfer system draws from the bottom of each storage tank. System uses a Waldron fuel pump to move fuel from tank to tank, or a tank back to itself, through a Racor 900 fuel filter.
- The wing engine tank is only filled via the fuel transfer system, ensuring that all of the fuel in it is clean. Fuel to the wing engine is filtered through a Racor filter again in the supply line to the engine.
- Reverso oil change system plumbed to main engine, generator and wing engine
- Air-conditioning is Marine Air reverse cycle with digital controls with total of 60,000 Btu capacity - 2 x 12k for salon, 16k for pilothouse, 2 x 10k for staterooms
- Steering system - Hynautic hydraulic, with 18" angle mounted wheel and power knob
- Rudder stock is 2" in diameter supported at the upper end by a cutlass bearing and at the bottom by a bronze shoe
- Emergency tiller and cross-over valve for steering system back-up
The engine room is insulated with 2" foil faced leaded foam, covered with aluminum perforated plate.
The maintenance strakes contoured into the hull underbody provide space for a flatter main engine shaft angle for propeller efficiency as well as increased space in the engine room to walk around the engine.
There is easy access to all of the mechanical systems in the engine room. The John Deere wing engine is to port and the Northern-Lights generator is to starboard.
There is a stainless-steel railing around the main engine.
There are insulated winter covers for the engine room air intake ducts.
A set of SAE and metric wrenches, screw drivers, pliers and miscellaneous tools are conveniently mounted on dedicated backboards on the aft engine room bulkhead.
3 Electric (110v) fans for engine room cooling and additional ventilation underway.
- 12kW Northern Lights generator (1232 hours as of 11/2017)
- 220-volt 60 hz AC electrical system with inlets on forward face of Portuguese bridge; one for ship s service and one for dedicated air-conditioning service
- 30-amp inlet in addition to the 50-amp service above
- 24-volt DC electrical system
- Electrical distribution panel in pilothouse with 24 and 12-volt, and 110 and 220-volt service, and battery volt and ammeters
- High current DC fuses and most fuses are located in one covered locker in the lazarette
- Jan 2016 Magnum MS4024 pure sine wave 4kW inverter/charger
- Inverter bypass switch
- Olsun isolation transformer
- New Lifeline AGM batteries, Jan. 2016
- 6 ea. 8D AGM house batteries
- 2 ea. 4D main engine start batteries
- 2 ea. 4D wing engine/generator start batteries
- 4 ea. 8D AGM bow and stern thruster batteries
- 1 Group 31 AGM battery for electronics
- All underwater metal is bonded with 6 ga. Green wire
- 2 ea. 50 foot 50-amp 125/250 shore power cord
- 1 ea. 50 foot 30-amp 110-volt shore power cord
- Lightening ground Forespar wand on masthead with #6 wire to a guest DynaPlate on the hull
- Mastervolt auxiliary 100-amp, 24-volt battery charger mounted in lazarette
- All but five overhead lights have been converted from halogen to LED bulbs for a significant reduction in heat and DC energy usage
- Ward s Marine Electric boots transformer for shore power sits on dock near electrical box. Delivers 50-amp service from dockside shore power and provides a 10% increase in dock voltage where dock voltage is low due to being sourced from 208 three phase power.
- 2 ea. Surflow (mdls. 4901 and 5901, "extreme series") house water pressure pump, valved for redundancy, each with its own stainless steel accumulator tank. Both accumulator tanks are in the water circuit whenever either pump is running.
- 400 gallon, baffled, fiberglass water tank laminated with FDA approved gelcoat surface. Wema tank level gauge.
- 110 gallon fiberglass gray water tank. The galley sink, shower sumps and washing machine all drain to it. There is a Tank Watch 4 level indicator and Sealand T-24 pump and manual back-up pump for evacuating tank through the hull where appropriate. Tank also has deck discharge pipe.
- 120 gallon fiberglass black water tank with Tank Watch level indicator and T-24 electric pump and manual back-up pump for evacuating tank through the hull where appropriate. Tank also has deck discharge pipe.
- 480 gal/day RO watermaker
- 11 gal. Seaward water heater operates on 220-volts or engine heat exchanger
- Through hull functions are labeled
- 2 ea. fresh water washdown spigots on foredeck, and 1 ea. in cockpit
- New water system September 2016, including dual water pumps, 4 stage whole house water filter with UV light, switch pumps on the fly
- Forward raked wind screens for water shedding and pilothouse electronics glare reduction
- Upper and lower instrument consoles for excellent Nav instrument visibility
- Teak and spruce cabin sole
- Bound edge carpet with anti-skid back and 2" reveal all around (new May 2017)
- Stidd helm chair
- Teak dinette table
- Dinette settee
- Ultra leather upholstery throughout
- 2 ea. Hella Turbo 12-volt fans
- 12-volt outlet
- Port and starboard Dutch doors
- Lewmar overhead hatch with insect screen
- Fabric covered removable headliner panels
- Flush mounted overhead lighting
- AC/DC electrical distribution panel
- Generator control and instrument panel
- Inverter remote panel
- Angled stainless steel steering wheel with power knob
- Mathers electronic engine controls for main engine
- Morse cable controls for wing engine
- Windlass control
- Main and wing engine panels in overhead console
- Ritchie 4.5" compass
- DC chart light
- High water bilge alarm
- Racor water alarm from sensor in engine room fuel supply tank
- Sea-Fire alarm panel for engine room and lazarette fire suppression systems
- Granite counter top
- GE Profile gas cooktop
- Stainless steel sea rails around cook top
- Xintex SA-2A propane detector
- GE Profile electric oven
- Sub-Zero 700 TC model refrigerator with two freezer drawers and icemaker
- GE Profile microwave oven with exhaust fan and light
- GE Monogram trash compactor
- Double stainless-steel sink set outboard to port leaving lots of counter prep space.
- Grohe faucet
- Optional storage lockers forward of cooktop
- Overhead locker aboard galley counter - includes custom plate and cup organizers
- 7 ea. windows provide light and panoramic view from the dining area - four are opening type
- Ultra-Leather upholstery on settee cushions and ottoman
- Ottoman serves as dinette seat and miscellaneous storage box
- Crescent shaped settee to starboard
- Settee to port
- Boyle custom double-drop leaf, hi-low dining table
- Bound edge carpet with 2" reveal all around over teak and spruce cabin sole (carpet new May 2017)
- Fabric roller shad window coverings mounted in window valances
- 2 ea. sconce lights
- Asko washer and dryer located in cabinetwork starboard forward
- Most overhead halogen lights are changed to LED from halogen
- Double bed
- Drawer storage under bed
- Two hanging lockers with camphor wood lining
- Carpeting over teak and spruce cabin sole (carpet new May 2017)
- Two opening ports
- Engine room access - door is faced in varnished teak
- Custom mattress
- Granite counter top
- Cabin sole covered with bound edge carpet (easily removable)
- Tecma Silence Plus fresh water flush head
- Shower headroom is 6'4"
- Grohe sink faucet
- Teak and spruce sole covered with bound edge carpet
STELLA MARIS has the double guest stateroom arrangement forward. The starboard cabin has and over/under bunk layout, and the port has an offset double bed. There is drawer storage below each of the lower bunks.
The two staterooms share the guest head and shower forward.
This is a great layout for a family cruising with kids aboard, or for charter service.
- Granite countertop
- Teak and spruce cabin sole is covered with bound edge carpet
- Tecma Silence Plus fresh water head
- Guest shower headroom is 6'8"
- Grohe sink faucet
Electronics - Entertainment
- May 2017 KVH SAT System, 4 receivers and 3 new TV s ($12,000)
- Bose sound system with DVD player and iPod/iPhone docking station, five speakers and sub-woofer in salon
- Marine Clarion system with MP3 connection and two speakers in upper pilothouse console
- New Jan 2016, Samsung 32 Smart TV
- New Jan 2016, Samsung Blu-Ray Player
- New Jan 2016, High Gain Cell Phone booster
- New Jan 2016, Hi-Gain TV antenna
- New September 2016, Globalstar Sat-Fi System which includes unlimited Phone, text, internet and email for up to 8 devices using your own iPhones, smart phones, tablets, laptops for $150 per month. Works great and incoming calls use local US number so no incoming fees.
Electronics - Navigation/Communication
- Furuno black box 6kW radar
- Furuno Navnet2 black box plotter
- 2 ea. Furuno 15" monitors
- Furuno FA-150 AIS system - class A (send and receive)
- ICOM 604 VHF radio
- Furuno GP-32 GPS
- 2 ea. Furuno RD-30 remote displays
- Simrad AP-50 autopilot
- Weems and Plath clock and barometer
- Eartec full-duplex handheld radios for onboard communication (docking, etc.)
- New Jan 2016, Microsoft Surface Book w/ Nobeltec charting
- New Jan 2016, trident Enterprise 3D Software interfaced w/ Furuno electronics, Furuno 3d 36-mile radar.
Decks And Cockpits
- Fiberglass ship stack in lieu of trawler mast and boom
- Aft control station in cockpit with Mathers electronic engine control, bow and stern thruster controls, windlass control buttons panel, engine start and stop buttons, and horn button
- Propane storage in port cockpit/transom locker; 2 ea. 20 lb. tanks with room for one more
- Magma propane BBQ mounts on cockpit railing - pre-plumbed to ship s propane system
- Steelhead SM1500R davit with 12-foot reach, on boat deck for ease of single-handed tender launching and retrieval
- 6 ea. mooring lines
- 4 ea. fenders
- 400' x 7/16" chain
- Chain stopper mounted on foredeck
- Rocna 154 lb. anchor
- Fortress FX-35 stern anchor with combination rope and chain rode
- Bow towing eye (anchor snubber eye) mounted in stem 12" above the waterline
- Scandvik hot/cold cockpit shower
- Fresh water wash-down on bow, stern, and in engine room
- 600' x " spool of braided stern line
- 2015 11 AB hard bottom inflatable w/ new Jan 2016 15 hp Honda Outboard.
- New Dec 2015, Winslow Ocean Series ISO global rescue life raft (certified to November 2018)
- Engine room fire suppression Sea-Fire FD-900M with auto engine, generator and blower shutdowns, plus manual pull cable. Alarm in pilothouse.
- Lazarette fire suppression - pull cable operated. Alarm in pilothouse.
- Ditch bag with EPIRB and 2 handheld ICOM VHF radios
- Xintex SA-2A propane detector in galley
- Emergency tiller steering
- Fresh bottom paint - Sept. 2016
- Hull polished and waxed, and superstructure polished and waxed - November 2017
- Owner has maintenance log for main engine, wing engine, generator and usage log for propane system
- Owner has added updating notes to the comprehensive Nordhavn Owner s Manual
- Owner has also assembled an additional technical information manual with supplementary systems information
- Most, if not all, component paperwork is filed in port pilothouse file drawer
- Personal effects
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.